We Quit Cigarettes

@ShannonR , you are young enough to be my baby daughter. So stop now when it is much easier. If you wait until you have smoked almost 50 years if will be almost impossible. :hugs

I was sure it was going to be impossible.

I was convinced it was going to be a nightmare.

It is not impossible.
I am still convinced the magic blue pill is actually magically.

It is not impossible.
you are younger than me, you can do it @Kiki, I quit for almost a year in 2002. At about the 6 month mark someone told me I should reward my self. So I went out and bought a BMW Z 3.
I no longer have the car and I still smoke. :eek: :lau:lau:th I have no idea what the morel of this story is. :confused:

you are younger than me, you can do it @Kiki, I quit for almost a year in 2002. At about the 6 month mark someone told me I should reward my self. So I went out and bought a BMW Z 3.
I no longer have the car and I still smoke. :eek: :lau:lau:th I have no idea what the morel of this story is. :confused:
I only smoked for 25-26 years. Good God that sounds like a long time.
I just hope I quit in time. :fl

It is not impossible.
I have to admit to a small amount of magic blue pill envy. I'm using the cold turkey method... honestly, I can't even think of a good reward for myself for succeeding! Im broke, go to school full time and live alone with two toddlers

I did mind-game myself out of some rather nastier habits when I was way younger. I Didn't call it "quitting"... just cut back more and more until I just wasnt interested anymore. In my strange little mind, "quitting" meant depriving myself, missing out on something, closing a door for good.

I like to call what I am doing "stopping". Not quitting, that word is inaccurate. Time will tell if I quit or not. I'll look like an ass if I tell anyone I am quitting and then start back up again! "Stopping" is so much less final.

My kiddos are finally passed out, and it's time to tackle some math homework that I waited until the due date to get to. Night, all.

Don't do that!!! I'm not confident enough in myself for that.

I have had to quit smoking before, for pregnancy and the early babyhood stuff. So I know dang well I can do it. This time things are a little different. Maybe I just don't have a good enough reason? I have accomplished my goal as far as not throwing money away on tobacco goes, I have been good on that for a couple of weeks now. The other reason I have is just for my health. I don't have any health problems, but I don't want any preventable health problems either.

Anyhow. I'm at the end of day 2. I guess my reasons have gotten me that far.

Hey folks I think its time to give Shannon more support to stop completely. She still strugles too much and needs a a few hugs and inspiring love so she feels good every time she defeats the nicotine habit.
1583140065679.gif

Its not good to wait with stopping after you're lungs look like an asphalt road. Othe inside or you’re veins become trouble for you're health. Or you have lost too many friends on nasty diseases (partly) caused by smoking. Just go for a long a healthy life.

I am so pleased with myself now that I permanently stopped after my second pregnancy. I wish to give you and Kiki that feeling too. 🦋
edit on-> or

Last edited:
P.S. @ShannonR
Another possibility if cold turkey is too difficult: nicotine chewing gum. You start with ½ a gum and mix it with normal chewing gum for the bite. If the habit of wanting a nicotine smoke is broken, you decrease the nicotine gum to ¼ ... ⅛.
Another good thing is you don’t get any tar in you're lungs.

A dear friend of mine quit that way.

Back
Top Bottom