weak 3 week old barred rock chick

peanut2685

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
i've had 2, 3 week old barred rocks for 2 weeks now and one seems to be sick or something she eats and drinks fine but she seems to be weak and when she trys to stand up she falls down right away and she seems like she dont have any balance. she falls as soon as she trys to walk and she seems to be dizzy. please what should i do.

I just came online to post the same thing. I have 6, 3 week old Leghorn chicks. They have all seemed fine but there is one who is has just developed the same symptoms that you've mentioned. It stands up and walks around for a minute or so and then back down it goes, kind of rolling to the left a little. It will flap its wings and seems to scratch the ground, almost like it is trying to stand up and then it will also stretch its legs out one at a time and then the cycle repeats.

I don't know what to do. Should I remove it from the other 5 chicks? I only have the one warming light...I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone know what causes this?

she has now lost all control of her legs. i have to move her to the food and water for her to eat and drink i dont think she is going to make it, but ill try. i just dont want her to suffer anymore.

I spoke to someone at the local feed store where I purchased my chicks and they suggest that I give mind Clorid, which I started yesterday. My littl chick that was showing the symptoms I mentioned seems to be doing better. I guess only time will tell. It might be something you could look into for yours as well. Even if the one you mentioned doesn't make it, it could prevent the same in your other chicks.

Good luck!

he or she is now walkin a little but when he does he takes a couple of steps and falls down when he does walk he shakes like his legs are weak hes been walking for 2 days and hes still like that. been on sulmet for 4 days.should i keep givin it to him or what should i do. told to give that to him by the local chicken man.but im not sure its workin.

i got sav-a-chick packet at the local tsc. thats all i could find that had electrolytes and vitamin supplement in it. do you think that will be ok. i make her drink some every hour.

is there a reason why you aren't going to the link I provided above? It tells you what vitamins to get and they're available at any drug store.

Back
Top Bottom