Weak 5 mo old chick

Judykaymayes

Songster
Mar 2, 2023
My 5 mo old chick is weak and puffed up treating for coccodi now for four days i seen her drink but not eat in feeding her with a dropper i did notice feed in her crop two days ago.Her skin is paler than it should be is there anything i can give her that won't destroy the corid she is getting and he crop doent ever seen to get smaller .

Last edited:
My 5 mo old chick is weak and puffed up treating for coccodi now for four days i seen her drink but not eat in feeding her with a dropper i did notice feed in her crop two days ago.Her skin is paler than it should be is there anything i can give her that won't destroy the corid she is getting and he crop doent ever seen to get smaller .
Inspect her for lice and poultry mites as they can leave a chicken anemic in days.

In case the Amprolium/Corid is not working, you could use a sulfa drug like sulfadimidine/trimethoprim which will usually make them feel better already the second day of treatment.

Feed her some scrambled eggs to restore her energy.

With her crop not getting smaller she might be suffering from an impacted crop which needs proper treatment to prevent them from starving to death:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Inspect her for lice and poultry mites as they can leave a chicken anemic in days.

In case the Amprolium/Corid is not working, you could use a sulfa drug like sulfadimidine/trimethoprim which will usually make them feel better already the second day of treatment.

Feed her some scrambled eggs to restore her energy.
Would you be able to give me a doseage on the sulfa and is that twice a day?

Back
Top Bottom