weak Hen!!

She is actually in my brooder pen. She can the the rest of the flock and they an see her. There is chicken wire around the steel wire.
The others can not reach the heads in a hurt her and she cannot stick her head out.

What would cause other flock members to pick on her? I wondered that too.

Just the whole point of the pecking order really. The top hens have it easy and the lower ones get picked on. I find that my girls are horrible. There is about 2 nice ones out the lot. Out of all my girls there is no top hen now and no one gets it easy to be honest, some get it easier them others but all have someone above them.

Just the whole point of the pecking order really. The top hens have it easy and the lower ones get picked on. I find that my girls are horrible. There is about 2 nice ones out the lot. Out of all my girls there is no top hen now and no one gets it easy to be honest, some get it easier them others but all have someone above them.
Ok, thanks Johnn. I really appreciate you answering my questions. Hopefully I will have a good report in a few days.

I
Ok, thanks Johnn. I really appreciate you answering my questions. Hopefully I will  have a good report in a few days.

It's fine
1f60a.png
. I have an ill girl too and don't have a clue what's up with her and none of my chicken friend know either
1f61e.png
. It's 1am here in the uk now so I think it's time to go to sleep! Will be back on in the morning to seeing there's any updates!

I
It's fine
1f60a.png
. I have an ill girl too and don't have a clue what's up with her and none of my chicken friend know either
1f61e.png
. It's 1am here in the uk now so I think it's time to go to sleep! Will be back on in the morning to seeing there's any updates!
Sorry you have a sick girl too. I hope you find out what is wrong. Sometimes it is so hard to know.
they cannot tell you so we have to guess which makes it hard.

UK, I have always wanted to go to London and visit the UK. I hear it is beautiful there.

I hope I have some good news sometime tomorrow

Sorry you have a sick girl too. I hope you find out what is wrong. Sometimes it is so hard to know.
they cannot tell you so we have to guess which makes it hard.

UK, I have always wanted to go to London and visit the UK. I hear it is beautiful there.

I hope I have some good news sometime tomorrow
By the way I have just seen the emotions I put on have turned up as squares on here, thats just because I used my iPhone and it does that, sorry. And thanks, she has me puzzles. Any updates on your girl today?

By the way I have just seen the emotions I put on have turned up as squares on here, thats just because I used my iPhone and it does that, sorry. And thanks, she has me puzzles. Any updates on your girl today?
I am sorry that your girl has you puzzled. I am beginning to feel the same way about my girl.
She is eating better today than a few days ago, but still limping. I am beginning to think that her
leg is what is the problem. Not too sure on how to fix that, she may just have to get over that on
her own. I am still going to keep her separated for a while till she at least gets stronger.

Thanks again for you input. I hope that your girl gets better too. What symptoms is she exhibiting?

I am sorry that your girl has you puzzled. I am beginning to feel the same way about my girl.
She is eating better today than a few days ago, but still limping. I am beginning to think that her
leg is what is the problem. Not too sure on how to fix that, she may just have to get over that on
her own. I am still going to keep her separated for a while till she at least gets stronger.

Thanks again for you input. I hope that your girl gets better too. What symptoms is she exhibiting?
Not eating much, lethargic and huddled up. She had an impacted crop and that is sorted now. She passes poo but little of it. I thought maybes it was turning into sour crop but no signs of it. No signs of any respiratory infections or anything either. Not egg bound, no lice or mites...

Not eating much, lethargic and huddled up. She had an impacted crop and that is sorted now. She passes poo but little of it. I thought maybes it was turning into sour crop but no signs of it. No signs of any respiratory infections or anything either. Not egg bound, no lice or mites...
Wow!! she is making it quite a mystery for you. You ruled out anything I would have suggested. How old is she? Is she just getting old?

Back
Top Bottom