Weak Quail Chick

OwlsForEver

Chirping
Sep 7, 2020
Hi! Today my quail chicks hatched, but there is one that really worries me... her shell was the toughest of the bunch and she made a huge huge effort to get out and now all she wants to do is sleep and is very weak. I gave it some water with a little bit of sugar through a syringe. It drank it just fine but it won’t drink out of the drinking bowl. It’s moving around a little but falls asleep almost immediately. Her eyes seem closed all the time almost and she has very small eyes. The rest are also very very sleepy but she seems like the weakest and I don’t know how to get food in her... I’m very concerned about her. Is there some way I can feed her manually? Thank you so so much!

Has she been eating/ walking around more? Sometimes you have to show them their food or they won’t find it. Also their first day they don’t need food so I wouldn’t worry too much if they just hatched. Same with the sleeping, if a chick had a difficult hatch, they’ll probably sleep through most of their first 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom