Weather Here

TillinWithMyPeeps

Waiting for Spring...
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Ohio
We have 5 or 6 inches on the ground now, and that is expected to double. 30 Mile Per Hour winds are expected, and the "wet" snow is expected to freeze as temperatures plummet. There is a possibility that the power may go out. I currently have quail eggs in the incubator, any tips on keeping the eggs warm with the power out? They are already in the warmest room of the house. I was figuring on just wrapping the incubator in towels, unless someone has a more innovative idea that I haven't thought of.

I was worried about my daughter's fish dying if our power went out and, in talking to my mother, found out that she wrapped her tank with lots of towels when the power went out. Maybe it will work for you to wrap them around your incubator. Other than that, I have no idea what to do. I am just really thankful right now that I have not been able to build my coop yet. I would not know what to do for the poor chickens!
hit.gif

I hope your power stays on and your little ones do ok. Try to stay warm!!

edited to fix my spelling mistakes..what I found anyway!
tongue.png

Last edited:
We lost power for about 30 hours and just left ours alone. They are ALL developing as normal, there will just be a hatch delay. Our then day old peeps spent the night in front of the kerosene heater
big_smile.png
My temp in my bator got down to 55 degrees. I had staggered hatch in. Just do the best you can, and I hope you maintain power.
smile.png

We have an AC adapter that plugs into the car cig. lighter. We always had it ready, just in case during incubation.

Well, We stayed at about 6 inches of snow (the snow was so heavy it was compressing on itself) and the power stayed on.

There is another storm front expected to move in midweek. I'm not sure how much snow is expected on that one.

I'll keep you guys updated, thanks for the "warm" wishes.
smile.png

Good luck with the power, hope it stays on.
fl.gif

Just remember that if you do wrap the incubator? Don't block all the ventilation holes.

Back
Top Bottom