Wedding photo update~ Don't one person yell at me/ coloring my chicken

You know, to whoever made the comment about a chicken being no more traumatized at a wedding than a show, AMEN! I have honestly thought about NOT starting to show my chickens because of the stress shows can cause. A wedding? Much calmer.

I think this is an adorable idea! I would recommend the diaper, though. Please post pics!

I took my chicken on the train up to the Martha Stewert show, sat in the front row with her in my lap and she was fine even with all the lights,cameras and action! So were a lot of other chickens. Go for it, have fun:)

BigDaddy'sGurl :

You know, to whoever made the comment about a chicken being no more traumatized at a wedding than a show, AMEN! I have honestly thought about NOT starting to show my chickens because of the stress shows can cause. A wedding? Much calmer.

I think this is an adorable idea! I would recommend the diaper, though. Please post pics!

Thank u
Xoxoxo​

Quote:
Lol, ya don't know my friends..wink wink

They are a blast , nutty, oh so nutty..but in one way guess I wouldn't have it any other way

Loyal, loyal,,,yet craaaazy

Hehehhe
Thanks

Quote:
Calm..lol is almost an understatement
But yes..now what got me thinking, is who really knossos what her personality will be like as time goes by

So I will play this by ear...completely
Will just tell my girlfriend..we shall see

But she is that bridezilla who has to have everything preplanned out

Now that she will just have to learn to be open minded and go with the flow
Tequilla works well on her for that

Lol

Thank u

You might try beet juice. Boil off fresh beets cut into chunks and spritz onto bird. Add vinegar to juice for more permanence. I think red wine would also work and might be easier to remove later by using white wine, club soda, or peroxide. I think the only way to get rid of beet juice stains later is with detergent and oxygen cleaner. Red wine and beet juice dyes have recipes in the interwebs.

What a cute idea! A pink colored Silkie as bling at a wedding. Now that's fun.

You mentioned the pictures being in black and white with just the chicken pink. The only way they could do that is with some sort of photoshop. That being the case, you might not need to dye her. Talk it over more with your friend and have her talk to her photographer.

What a wonderful thread of conversation and ideas though! It's definitely the simple, fun things that add flavor to our daily lives!
clap.gif

someone may have posted this already, but they make spray on hair coloring that is human and pet safe. usually find it at the big box stores around halloween. my dogs did fine with it and it washes out. may also find it at party or costume stores.

if the chicken gets too stressed, let it run loose or put in back in a pen. just get the ring off of it before it takes off!

congrats and good luck.

I haven't read the whole thread through but I think you know your bird's personality and whether she can handle the wedding. I don't know if anyone mentioned it or not but, if you decide to dye her with safe dye, you might want to check for how colorfast it is. I doubt your friend would want a pink chicken imprint on the front of her dress for the photo sessions. If you can't find a colorfast dye then I guess a pink ensemble would be best. Still, if they can make pink poodles why not a pink silkie? Aren't they kind of the same thing?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom