Wedding photo update~ Don't one person yell at me/ coloring my chicken

yuckyuck.gif

I don't understand why people get their "panties" all in a wad over this thread? The OP is NOT unduly exposing her silkie to illness: her wedding guests will be about as likely to bring diseases with them as any other guest she would have over for a BBQ...and probably less chance actually because people tend to bathe and wash their hands prior to weddings...you know, the whole "dressing up" aspect? I highly doubt they are feeding their own chickens, if they have any, in their tuxes and gowns...

Also, if this thread so offends anyone because it dares to exist, simply don't read it. Nobody is begging anyone to read or respond here, and if all you have to say is something negative, don't say anything at all as your input isn't required.

A wedding doesn't sound more stressful to a chicken than a show would be. In fact, I would take my chickens to a wedding much more readily than a show.

The comments about how "tacky" or "gimmick-y" a chicken would be at a wedding...really? Honestly? This is the OP's friend's wedding. If you want to plan and critique a wedding and decide how it should be, plan your own or renew your own vows! Do you take it seriously when someone tells you how to dress, how to decorate your home, how to entertain guests, whether to put bumper stickers on your car, how to raise your kids, etc.. all in the name of "ceremony" and "sanctity"? If so, be proud to be a follower. I for one believe in making my OWN choices, and enjoy the freedom to be ME. To have things how I want them to be. To make my own memories...and if in this woman's 5th wedding she wants to walk down the aisle adorned by a pink silkie, if she can find a way, I say GO FOR IT! "Sanctity" and "ceremony" are obviously open to interpretation in today's society, and people telling others what is acceptable when it hurts nobody hits a nerve.

Pictures please!

BigDaddy'sGurl :

I don't understand why people get their "panties" all in a wad over this thread? The OP is NOT unduly exposing her silkie to illness: her wedding guests will be about as likely to bring diseases with them as any other guest she would have over for a BBQ...and probably less chance actually because people tend to bathe and wash their hands prior to weddings...you know, the whole "dressing up" aspect? I highly doubt they are feeding their own chickens, if they have any, in their tuxes and gowns...

Also, if this thread so offends anyone because it dares to exist, simply don't read it. Nobody is begging anyone to read or respond here, and if all you have to say is something negative, don't say anything at all as your input isn't required.

A wedding doesn't sound more stressful to a chicken than a show would be. In fact, I would take my chickens to a wedding much more readily than a show.

The comments about how "tacky" or "gimmick-y" a chicken would be at a wedding...really? Honestly? This is the OP's friend's wedding. If you want to plan and critique a wedding and decide how it should be, plan your own or renew your own vows! Do you take it seriously when someone tells you how to dress, how to decorate your home, how to entertain guests, whether to put bumper stickers on your car, how to raise your kids, etc.. all in the name of "ceremony" and "sanctity"? If so, be proud to be a follower. I for one believe in making my OWN choices, and enjoy the freedom to be ME. To have things how I want them to be. To make my own memories...and if in this woman's 5th wedding she wants to walk down the aisle adorned by a pink silkie, if she can find a way, I say GO FOR IT! "Sanctity" and "ceremony" are obviously open to interpretation in today's society, and people telling others what is acceptable when it hurts nobody hits a nerve.

Pictures please!

WOW! This x2!!!!​

Way to go BigDaddy'sGurl. I tried to put it into words but not like you did. Perfect. I too can not wait to see the pictures.
thumbsup.gif

It's against the law to dye a chicken in Virginia. Sorry.

Edit - well, since this is an adult not a chick, you can dye the critter. Coloring her with non-toxic dye isn't any different from any other bath. So go for it, but you better post pictures
gig.gif

I can see it now - The newest bridal fashion accessory - PINK SILKIES!

Last edited:
Quote:
And what, if anything does this have to do with dyeing a chick? The wedding is at her house, anyway. People will be there. I think it's a cute idea, though not for me. (Although if I had a light colored chick, I would dye it green for St. Patrick's Day!)

When is the wedding?? Do a trial run with the coloring of the chick now. Pictures, pictures....we want pictures!!

Quote:
.....because in the 5 posts before it, biosecurity was discussed. What it means, who's at risk, what diseases. Read back, it's all there. I was just clarifying the issue. The point another poster was making is that all those people will be at her house, where her chickens live and that may not be safe for her the chickens. I was pointing out that it's only really a risk if someone who's visiting owns livestock.

Back
Top Bottom