week old chicks dying one by one

Azjustin, the second picture I'm actually standing over the brooder, so that's why it looks dark there and out of the light, the chick is actually under the lamp, but I am trying my luck at raising the lamp and hoping this helps them out. Also Junebuggena, I'm going to take some more of your advice and switch my bulb for a regular 100 watt bulb and get them to a bigger space and hopefully this helps too. I have used these exact conditions with other birds and I've never had a problem like this, I just hope it's not too late for these babies. Thanks again!
smile.png

Just an update, I ended up with only five chicks surviving. After all the adjustments I still had a couple die and I'm not really sure if it was a heat issue or not, because their wings still sit like that on their sides and the remaining five are doing well, so I'm not too sure if it was the temperature issue and the one's that died it was one of those things where the damage was already done or if it was a respiratory issue or coccidiosis issue and it took a bit for the antibiotics to kick in and do their job and it was just too late for the sicker one's. I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone that helped!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom