Weekend coop building extravaganza

Quote:
Thank you! Many hours of research on this site
caf.gif

I made a list of design elements I wanted, and figured out how to cross that with keeping materials costs low. Good square footage for our number of birds, proper ventilation ratios, snow load capability, etc. I can't wait to get all the trim on and windows done!
wee.gif

Nuzzy - your coop looks awesome! I love your pictures (my favorite is the breakfast
big_smile.png
)

Keep up the great job - I'd love to see the inside nestboxes, etc., when you get there! Thanks.

Quote:
Hmmm... May have to address that later on with a supplemental column(s) then. We were even discussing using the extra 2x10s as a header, but were thinking it'd be alright. A little hard now to tear it back apart. Thanks for the heads up! Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it and brace it if it gets bad. Maybe a beam across the ceiling inside to relieve the roof weight and could double as a cool design element
big_smile.png

WOW...Very cool heavy duty coop. Like the big rafters for Michigan's snow. We will not always have the low snow amounts of this last winter.

Great job! And welcome from a fellow Michigan chicken nut....

First off welcome from Hillsvale, Nova Scotia!!

Lovely coop and the metal bracing in the ground is facinating..... do you get frequent heavy winds that you are concerned about?

Oh and yes... the chicken addiction gets worse... I am still ordering cool heritage chicks and about 2 weeks ago ordered 75 meaties! My Simon is a tad shocked but is warming up to the shear volume of meat birds... guess he has no choice!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom