Weird behaviour in chick

PoultryNoob37

In the Brooder
Nov 3, 2022
Hello

Wednesday we bought 6 chicks. 1 of my chicks is looks a bit sick. She sleeps and keeps her eyes closed a lot. She stands next to the brooderplate and sleeps. Then she crawls under the heatplate and after a few minutes she stands next to it again. When I picked her up she kept her eyes closed and it looked like she was about to fall. Sometimes she opens her eyes. While she sleeps she sometimes peeps. She eats together with the other chicks and I have seen her drink. At the moment it looks like nothing is wrong and she is pecking food with the other chicks. She just sneezed a few times.

Is there someone who knows whats going on with her?

Attachments

• 20230410_154718.jpg
    20230410_154718.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230410_154823.jpg
    20230410_154823.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 2
Is she possibly lethargic? You can add electrolytes and protein to their water to help the lethargy.

Maybe give her some crushed eggs too
I gave her and the other chicks some scrambled eggs. I tried to feed her and she ate a bit but not a lot. A few pecjs and she gave up and went under the heatplate again. She is lethargic. I do not have any electrolytes. Is there something else that can help?

I gave her and the other chicks some scrambled eggs. I tried to feed her and she ate a bit but not a lot. A few pecjs and she gave up and went under the heatplate again. She is lethargic. I do not have any electrolytes. Is there something else that can help?
I don't know any other solutions, but I don't think it's molting because molting season is in fall.

Maybe a little bit. I cannot really tell. She sneezed earlier. It was like 3 times quickly after each sneez.

Back
Top Bottom