Weird eggs

vicki017

Chirping
Mar 12, 2016
So my chickens are starting to lay now they are about 21 weeks old (one started 2 weeks ago) and that was my barred rock who's only issue was some spotted eggs (but the spots were smooth) and recently my hen who we don't know the breed of started laying eggs but they don't seem to be coming out right

This one we found under the perches they sleep on at night (might of layed it at night)

This one I found today in one of the nests, I know it's her because it's bigger than what the others have been laying and she's the biggest one. Is it just because she's coming into lay or is it a diff prob? She's also pecking off feathers of other birds (I've mentioned in another post) and I'm going to get the lotion/spray soon but I'm wondering if maybe there's a underlining problem? She was acting funny/ill yesterday and was eating a lot of oyster shells. It's been in the 90's/100's so we've been bringing them inside for the last few days.

The white and brown one is her

It's very normal for hens to lay abnormal eggs for the first several weeks or even months after they begin laying. They will stabilize eventually as their reproductive organs work out the hiccups.

Your white hen appears to be an Amberlink, a specific "brand" of sex link.

It's very normal for hens to lay abnormal eggs for the first several weeks or even months after they begin laying. They will stabilize eventually as their reproductive organs work out the hiccups.

Your white hen appears to be an Amberlink, a specific "brand" of sex link.

Okay thank you! I thought it was some kind of sex link but wasn't sure since it was from the "assorted" bin of chicks

Back
Top Bottom