Weird head twitching while sun bathing

tfalls3

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 12, 2014
Fern Park, Florida
My buff orpaghan started doing this weird head twitching while she was laying down in the sun today. Is this normal or a seizure. She's never done this before, or at any other time.

I'm guessing she has a neurologic problem. You could try giving her some Poultry Nutri-Drench. I had a hen who was a moon walker. She only did it when she was stressed, such as molting, or if the weather was cold, and then first thing in the morning. She also had an occasional head shake or twitch. Usually, a couple of days of PND usually straightened her right out. I think that she was not processing her vitamins properly. Aside from that, she was a beautiful layer, and always had the most beautiful feathers. I kept her as a flock member, but didn't let her play in the gene pool.

After a trip to the vet it seems she's got stuck tight fleas. She was given an injection and we treated her and the flock with flea spray and a DE dust bath, the coop and roost with sevin dust.

After a trip to the vet it seems she's got stuck tight fleas. She was given an injection and we treated her and the flock with flea spray and a DE dust bath, the coop and roost with sevin dust.
Curious..... what was the injection.... and what kind of flea spray?
...and what were vet recommendations for egg and meat withdrawal?

Ivermectin injection. Adams flea spray. I felt so bad that it was fleas, we call her mrs piggy cause she always knocks the water out and rolls in the mud. She's not the pretty creamy yellow more grayish with mud clumps, I thought it was dirt on her not fleas. She was 80% less fleas this morning
1f603.png
. She's not close to laying she's only 4 months and a slow developer, so no recommendation for eggs or meat.

Back
Top Bottom