WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics

Today we had our fist reversed egg, white in the middle and yolk on the outside, we had hard boiled it. We were almost scared to cut it and were shocked to find the white! Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm glad you took a picture. I have never had anything like that but I had an egg once that was the color of the egg shell totally through the egg. I will look for the picture. Also had an egg inside an egg and both eggs were double yolk eggs.

I came home from work to find this on the floor of the coop. A huge egg! Baseball size, looks like they pecked it open, or it broke...but inside of it was another regular sized egg. There was some slimy egg yolk stuff in the big one but no yolk, just that other egg. I'm pretty new to this chicken thing so this was a bit of a shock.

I came home from work to find this on the floor of the coop. A huge egg! Baseball size, looks like they pecked it open, or it broke...but inside of it was another regular sized egg. There was some slimy egg yolk stuff in the big one but no yolk, just that other egg. I'm pretty new to this chicken thing so this was a bit of a shock.
congratulations! You got the rare "egg in an egg". It happens when a nearly complete eggs goes backup the tract and has a new egg formed over it before heading back down.

These are not my eggs. They are reject eggs where my husband works. The one in the middle is my normal size egg. He brings them home and we feed them to the dogs and cats. There is always weird, funky eggs coming from there.

Since I am new to this chicken raising thing, this may seem like a dumb question to you more seasoned folks. How do you know which chickens laid what eggs? Many of you seem to know which one have you which eggs. Do you all have wireless cameras mounted in your coops?

Since I am new to this chicken raising thing, this may seem like a dumb question to you more seasoned folks. How do you know which chickens laid what eggs? Many of you seem to know which one have you which eggs. Do you all have wireless cameras mounted in your coops?
I have seven different chickens each a different breed and age. I know when they started laying, so I always knew who each new egg came from. Because they are different breeds, the shape, color and size varies between them. The only ones that give me trouble are my buff orp and barred rock and my Easter Egger and ameruacana. Even then I can usually make an educated guess by how frequently they lay, whose it might be.

Don't feel bad, I've been in this for 2 years and I don't know who lays what, sometimes my daughter knows. I just asked her a couple of days ago if we were bad chicken people for not knowing since everyone else on this site seems to know. She wasn't concerned, but she is 14.... We have 15 hens 5-6 breeds. Twitch the Rhode Island Red we got 2 years ago is the only one I can tell.

welcome-byc.gif
I am originally from Traverse City, Mich. Not to worry. I don't know which chicken layed which egg but currently I have around 150 birds. When I first started out many years ago I started with 6 pullets and with them I could tell but now with all the birds I have, no way. I see birds in the nest boxes and If I happen to catch them laying an egg then I can tell but several birds lay in each nest box so generally can't tell who layed what egg.

Last edited:

Stalk the coop.
1f603.png
I'm out with them enough that I know who's in the nest box and when they first start laying you can tell by who's in the coop the longest. I have about 40 hens laying and I could probably tell you who the majority came from. Like other people said, color, shape, size and where they lay has a lot to do with it. ......now that I read that....I'm seriously a crazy chicken lady. Lol

My Brown Sexlink has laid Fart eggs for the last several months, I'm sure this is another of hers and not one of the pullets first eggs...

Back
Top Bottom