WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics
Chicken laid a huge egg today. It was a egg in a egg.
[/URL]

I had that happen once. It was a double yolk inside a double yolk.

Quote: I have never had a triple yolk. I have heard of people who have gotten them. What breed of bird layed the egg? Just curious. I have Heritage Rhode Island Reds and Heritage RC Rhode Island whites, standard RIW, ISA Browns, RSL and a few mutts. My giant egg came from one of my RSL's.

Last edited:
I have never had a triple yolk. I have heard of people who have gotten them. What breed of bird layed the egg? Just curious. I have Heritage Rhode Island Reds and Heritage RC Rhode Island whites, standard RIW, ISA Browns, RSL and a few mutts. My giant egg came from one of my RSL's.
An ameruacana. I'm not sure if age played a part. She was three and Only laying an egg every couple of weeks.

I wonder why she laid this

it looks like an egg went backwards in the track and was fused to a second egg. If it had gone further back it would have been an egg in an egg.
That's pretty much what it turned out to be...an egg partially within another egg. Same chicken laid a double-yolker too. She's been laying normal ones now.

Last edited:
One soft shell egg and one jumbo, almost round, very thin shell egg in the same day. Haven t seen this before.
The jumbo looks like it has scratches on it.

We have never cracked an egg that was odd on the inside, but I have a chicken that keeps laying the following types of eggs, we have only found after being hard boiled. In the past the yolk was solid on the outside and white circle on the inside, now this egg has the yolk on the outside, small amount of white around a formed yolk?

Photo on the right shows the solid yolk on the outside.

We have never cracked an egg that was odd on the inside, but I have a chicken that keeps laying the following types of eggs, we have only found after being hard boiled. In the past the yolk was solid on the outside and white circle on the inside, now this egg has the yolk on the outside, small amount of white around a formed yolk?

Photo on the right shows the solid yolk on the outside.

That is a new one for me to see. I have never had an egg like that. I have had some weird eggs over the years, but nothing like that one.

Back
Top Bottom