Weird Start up eggs should be worried

Puranin

Chirping
Dec 8, 2016
Tennessee
Dolly is a Dixie hen who just started laying at about 8 mo old (we had a rough beginning of the year no one has been laying well for a couple months). I've got 3 fairy eggs from her the first two just had egg white in them and they have been aabout 4 days apart this one was only 2 days since tube last and it has weird spots. I've heard meat spoMs is this all it is or should I be worried. Im a overprotective mama.

Attachments

• 20180502_174353.jpg
    20180502_174353.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171228_074721.jpg
    20171228_074721.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180502_174412.jpg
    20180502_174412.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 11
That looks like meat spot, several of them, which is a piece of tissue broken off form reproductive tract or it could be an immature or malformed ova.
Is a 'Dixie' a high production hybrid layer?
Surprised she didn't lay until 8mo, was she ill?
She may start laying 'good' eggs, or not.

That looks like meat spot, several of them, which is a piece of tissue broken off form reproductive tract or it could be an immature or malformed ova.
Is a 'Dixie' a high production hybrid layer?
Surprised she didn't lay until 8mo, was she ill?
She may start laying 'good' eggs, or not.
Yes a hybrid egg layer and I think it was our extended winter that kept her from starting earlier. We had a warm spell then back below freezing then warm then cold until april. I was concerned that maybe she did have malformed repro tract.

Yes a hybrid egg layer and I think it was our extended winter that kept her from starting earlier. We had a warm spell then back below freezing then warm then cold until april. I was concerned that maybe she did have malformed repro tract.
It's length of daylight that makes them lay, not warmth.
For a hybrid pullet to not start laying until April is odd....
....something is amiss, she may never lay right.

It's length of daylight that makes them lay, not warmth.
For a hybrid pullet to not start laying until April is odd....
....something is amiss, she may never lay right.
I just meant the stress of the whether changes being so quick could have caused it. Maybe? I don't know I just hope she is ok.

Back
Top Bottom