Welarans, Welsummer x Marans

I have Black Copper Maran Roosters, Blue Copper Maran Rooster, Cuckoo Hens, and Welbar Hens. I also have Brahma's but they are separated.
you can work with ether rooster Black copper or Blue copper .
here the method you need to apply to produce a golden cuckoo hen ,
first yeas = Black copper /Blue copper rooster X cuckoo hen = all the boys will be dark silver/golden cuckoo . = keep the best boy F1.
second year = dark golden/silver boy you kept from last year F1 X to black copper hen/s = s50% of the chicks will be dark cuckoo . soe will be pure dark golden cuckoo no silver on them = selct those one F2
third year = mate together the pure dark golden cuckoo to produce F3 = you end up with pure golden cuckoos boya and girls .
there is another method to do step 3 I can tell you about it if you want
chooks man

first yeas = Black copper /Blue copper rooster X cuckoo hen = all the boys will be dark silver/golden cuckoo . = keep the best boy F1.
second year = dark golden/silver boy you kept from last year F1 X to black copper hen/s = s50% of the chicks will be dark cuckoo . soe will be pure dark golden cuckoo no silver on them = selct those one F2
third year = mate together the pure dark golden cuckoo to produce F3 = you end up with pure golden cuckoos boya and girls .
chooks man
Thank you. I am open to any suggestions.

chooks man
What do you get if you cross cuckoo marans over black copper marans? I've been told not to try it but not why.

Back
Top Bottom