Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Quote:

Aww, poor girls, the first few days are always so rough.  With all the love they're sure to get in their new home I'm sure it won't be long before they have settled right in.

Me too.

Yep - doesn't take long at all for them to figure out where their bread is buttered!

Sounds like she is definitely starting off on the right paw there!

I was surprised, all I've ever read is leghorns are flighty but these aren't that flighty, some of my hand raised birds are harder to catch.

Too many happy hours?

He wasn't happy this morning.

Poor girls! I always feel bad for the newbies.

Me too. The are just so lost. I want to give them a hug which would probably cause them to have a little chicken stoke! Not the intended effect.
wink.png

When we got our last pullets they were like that. Mostly I just left them food and made sure I didn't bother them too much, now look at them.
No zoom

Sweet girls. I am sure they will come around, but I always hate the isolation then introduction phase of new birds.
Wouldn't really use the word well as but better I see light at the end of the tunnel. I'll go sit in my deer blind for a little while tonight and I'm hoping tomorrow to feel more normal. But at least my x-rays were clear. And I'm starting to come around. Hope you do feel better my friend...... Phil
clap.gif

Quote:

Aww, poor girls, the first few days are always so rough. With all the love they're sure to get in their new home I'm sure it won't be long before they have settled right in.

Me too.

Yep - doesn't take long at all for them to figure out where their bread is buttered!

love.gif

I was surprised, all I've ever read is leghorns are flighty but these aren't that flighty, some of my hand raised birds are harder to catch.
Last year our pullet chain birds were leghorns and I was concerned. I helped out some of the kids during the grow out and then of course had them at the fair and I was impressed at how much calmer they were than I expected. They must be breeding the flightyness out of them.

So Jimmy just dropped dead today
sad.png
part of his liver was black. Any ideas?
hugs.gif
Sorry. I know little to nothing about livers.

DEB!!!!!!!!!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
RAV!!!!!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:

Aww, poor girls, the first few days are always so rough. With all the love they're sure to get in their new home I'm sure it won't be long before they have settled right in.

Me too.

LOL...yep!

Back
Top Bottom