Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hello, Pond!
I hope you've all had a good day. Mine has been busy. We hit the ground running this morning, and finally came in a few minutes ago (8:15) We started the day going down to Camp to help clean up the buildings and get it ready for our 3 weeks of kids. (It starts in 15 days...) We were there from 9-3:30. There were about a dozen people down there. Came home, and DH headed over to church to mow. (He mows our church and cemetery) While he was gone, I opened up and checked our Costco, Walmart and Sam's club orders. (I ordred a bunch of food for Camp and had it delivered.) Loaded a bunch of the food into my car. When DH got home, we changed clothes, went to a graduation open house, then back down to Camp to unload the groceries. After we got home, we went out and started putting up fence for my two horses. We usually have them over at my mom's by now, but the horse trailer is still sitting in water. (There is not usually water where we park it. It's just that wet here.) We're hoping our little bit of pasture can hold them over until it dries out enough to haul them over.

Hope you've all had a good day today. We had sunshine and 70's. Couldn't ask for better weather than that.
You can get food delivered?
And to camp even?
Gosh we are so backwards here....

Glad you had a nice day. We got a high sitting right on top of us .Hot as the dickens and dry as a bone . I been fencing to get the goats out of my garden .If days weren't full I'd sit around more .It's so late we'll just have to water a lot this year and everything will be really late .I spent the last few hours of daylight trying to get my rock drills to work:hmm they just won't work right :idunno One is nearly new looks fine had it apart twice and still it just isn't working . The last time used it, It just quit working, and I can't figure out why:idunnoI got rock every where . Can't fence without them .It is a mess . If I had deep soil in more places I could drive wood post . My driver will drive a ten inch post easy . :hitOh well like DW says if it was easy somebody else would own it :lau Spent all my money on tractors and a air compressor, so a new $1200 drill is out of the question .:th
Sorry about the drill...I had a sawzall like that. Just quit working... Took it apart tested everything but it would never refire.....

Thank God for log splitters! Fosters a whole new appreciation for what our wood-burning grandparents had to live with. Mine's been a PITA from the get-go, but it sure beats the alternative.
I hired a log splitter last year. I wasn't very impressed. It worked okayish on chunks with straight grain but if the chunk had knots in it the splitter ran out of grunt.
Now this was probably not the best splitter but it was the one the hire company recommended.
I ended up changing the length of the logs cut with the chainsaw. Anything shorter than 10" splits quite well with the axe. The tough ones split well with wedges.

I hired a log splitter last year. I wasn't very impressed. It worked okayish on chunks with straight grain but if the chunk had knots in it the splitter ran out of grunt.
Now this was probably not the best splitter but it was the one the hire company recommended.
I ended up changing the length of the logs cut with the chainsaw. Anything shorter than 10" splits quite well with the axe. The tough ones split well with wedges.
I like a good home made splitter.
I know a few of my friends have splitters that'll split about anything you throw at it.
But these are seriously big hydraulic monsters.... But up here wood is King as far as home heating goes.
I'll bet Alaskan had seen a few home made splitters up that way as well...

I also went to swap meet yesterday..... Bought a pair of Call ducks.
I also did a no no and didn't quarantine them so wish me luck on that... They look real healthy though. So I figure I'm okay.
I just wasnt planning on buying anything. Till I saw them and wanted them. And so when I got home I really wasnt prepared.

You can get food delivered?
And to camp even?
Gosh we are so backwards here....
We can get food delivered to Camp and home. It's all shipped via UPS. If UPS comes to you, you could get groceries delivered, too.

Okay.... But I don't want to get stuck doing the dishes....
Fine... since we're celebrating your birthday, I"ll do the dishes.

So I did manage to till my garden yesterday.... One pass through.... Still have to make a few more passes.... Then I'll clean the coop..... Amend that into the garden.
Hip is a little sore but not bad.....I am just being careful with it.
Being careful is good. Don't want to dislocate that bugger. That would hurt! Glad you're healing so well. It's amazing what a difference it makes, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom