Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

That doesn't sound pleasant!

This is actually out of character and we have no idea why :idunno  

He's been getting the cold shoulder since early December

Flat out ask her what her problem is!
And my MIL wasn't like this until FIL passed away a few years ago. Then she got all woe-is-me. Mostly because everyone hates her moocher boyfriend. :lol:

:lau

Crazy gamble... got lucky... :D ;)

HE got lucky. :D

You stud-ette!

:gig

I make em stay on the porch. ;)

Nope, just like my guns. :D
What's wrong with wheaten? Pretty chick
It's beautiful!
Yea yea yea, but you aren't up there in age. :p

Love me some firearms.....

How is everyone?

Want some family drama?

It seems that my mother-in-law has decided not to talk to us and is ignoring her sons texts and calls. 

Heck my wife didn't talk to her mom the last 10 years of her life

But you know she's OK yes ?

Yes, and no.

MIL was in contact with Grandma-In-Law two weeks ago. (Making plans to meet up for Christmas without us apparently) (They were supposed to come here, but, well, silence)

But, MIL's partner is an unpleasant person and I have no doubt he has some influence over this strange behavior.

Heck my wife didn't talk to her mom the last 10 years of her life

Well, I'm hoping this isn't the beginning or something similar
hmm.png
. Not for my sake but for my partners. It such a shame when such things happen...depending on the reason of course.

Flat out ask her what her problem is!
And my MIL wasn't like this until FIL passed away a few years ago. Then she got all woe-is-me. Mostly because everyone hates her moocher boyfriend.
lol.png

I would! But it's not up to me
idunno.gif
Yes, I don't think my MIL has any friends - her partner is unpleasant, I imagine most people don't want to be around him.

Do you talk to your MIL about such things? I mean, can you approach her or call her out?

Well, I'm hoping this isn't the beginning or something similar
hmm.png
. Not for my sake but for my partners. It such a shame when such things happen...depending on the reason of course.

It can be a shame, and it can also be a good thing. I stopped talking to a sister on the day we buried our mother. Her actions that day were a culmination of bad behavior her entire life. After Mom was dead, I no longer had to maintain 'family peace'. I don't miss the aggravation, the jealousy or the insults.

It can be a shame, and it can also be a good thing. I stopped talking to a sister on the day we buried our mother. Her actions that day were a culmination of bad behavior her entire life. After Mom was dead, I no longer had to maintain 'family peace'. I don't miss the aggravation, the jealousy or the insults.

That's fair, I do believe family also has to earn a place in our hearts to keep them there. Obviously I'm going to have a lot more tolerance for family members....but there is a limit. If we saw my in-laws more often then we do, I think I would have to put up some boundaries; I don't want my MIL's partner near my son to be honest.

Yes, and no.

MIL was in contact with Grandma-In-Law two weeks ago. (Making plans to meet up for Christmas without us apparently) (They were supposed to come here, but, well, silence)

But, MIL's partner is an unpleasant person and I have no doubt he has some influence over this strange behavior.

Not to worry if she is ok then when or if she really needs you she'll call. Yes partners can be very controlling over some people . I haven't talked to my brother for two years and am not worried about it at all . He is an @ss and My sil is even worse won't go into what they did to my mom before she passed but it has caused me a world of trouble I didn't need . But I would go to his aid if he called and needed me already have . You know what they say you can pick your friends but your stuck with your family . So some of you is stuck wif me
gig.gif
look on the bright side you picked the pond ain't no place better than here .

Not to worry if she is ok then when or if she really needs you she'll call. Yes partners can be very controlling over some people . I haven't talked to my brother for two years and am not worried about it at all . He is an @ss and My sil is even worse won't go into what they did to my mom before she passed but it has caused me a world of trouble I didn't need . But I would go to his aid if he called and needed me already have . You know what they say you can pick your friends but your stuck with your family . So some of you is stuck wif me
gig.gif
look on the bright side you picked the pond ain't no place better than here .
love.gif
sounds good to me (the pond part!)

I do hope she would ask if she needed help, but so often people in these situations don't. I hope he's gotten better over the years but he had serious anger issues when I first met him. Now when I see him he's just a dick.

So many people seem to have estranged family members
sad.png
My family is mostly one of those loving caring kinds, I feel really fortunate. Heck, my sister is moving in in less then two months
ep.gif

I would! But it's not up to me :idunno
Yes, I don't think my MIL has any friends - her partner is unpleasant, I imagine most people don't want to be around him.

Do you talk to your MIL about such things? I mean, can you approach her or call her out?

I used to talk to her about such things, but the last year or so, everyone has distanced themselves from her because of him. She and my hubby still talk, so its ok, and he tells her exactly how it is (he has no filter) but if they ever had it out, I could probably intervene if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom