Welsh Harelquin experts---Do I have a gold or silver phase drake?

I do not think it is very common to get the golden drake, because I have searched on the Internet and cannot find more than a few pictures. However, I could find pictures of the golden ducks.

We actually want the silver, because my daughter wants to show them in breed. We still will bring them, but we are not sure how they will do since the silver are only recognized by the APA.

Are you able to take photos of your girls? I would like to see them.

Have you read the APA standard for the welsh because that is pretty specific. I know the Internet descriptions are confusing. He is a pretty drake no matter what color. I cannot tell if his darkest feathers are grayish-black and greenish-black or dark chocolate. The silver will have the first two, not any chocolate color. Did is mother already molt? What did she look like before and after molt? Just curious. Do you want him to be golden or silver? We just bought a trio, I believe they are golden. We did not care, but hope to hatch some silver.

Are your welsh really friendly? Are ducks will walk right up to you, but get shy when you reach for them. However, the drake is more stand-offish. He will socialize from a distance. We really like them. We have them, mallards, khaki Campbell's, and some khaki-mallard mixes.
I have a golden female and I’m not sure of the Drake probably silver, will i get both gold and silver if i mate them?

Back
Top Bottom