Welsh Harlequin

Funny thing, the forecast just warmed back up again. I wish it would make up it's mind, at least if it's mind is set on warmer temperatures
wink.png

I have read this entire thread and all the other duckling care threads on this forum but if anyone has extra tips or tricks I'd be more than thankful to have them.

If all is well next week I will be sure to share photos.
I will share what I can. I like to point to certain links because in case I miss something, it will likely be covered in one of those links.

Praying for safe arrivals.

Oh, hope the ducklings all come in safe!!

Just wondering for all the other WH owners out there, what your experience is with them laying.  How early they start, if they continue through winter, if you give them supplemental light?  I started a thread with the similar question, but thought I would ask specifically on this thread since they are Welsh Harlequins.

Mine started at 6 months and laid through the winter WITH supplemental lighting :)

I will share what I can. I like to point to certain links because in case I miss something, it will likely be covered in one of those links.

Praying for safe arrivals.

Thank you very much! I have wanted to own ducks since I was a child and now that I'm getting to live my dream I'm excited. When I was little I would say the word duck(s) in my sleep and before my husband knew I did that he confirmed that I still say ducks in my sleep to this day.

I picked up 10 WH ducklings from Metzer this morning. They're all settling in nicely. Here are some quick picks I snapped on my way to the brooder.

They are so precious! It looks like our WH will be very close to the same age.

I picked up 10 WH ducklings from Metzer this morning. They're all settling in nicely. Here are some quick picks I snapped on my way to the brooder.

Waaaahh they look so cute!! Congrats on your new additions! ^_^

I've got a question for everyone WH-experienced. I picked up my order of 2 female WH's about 3 weeks ago from Metzer. At first they both look about the same, coloring-wise. But one, the smaller one, has had her feet and beak turn blackish (as expected for a female). My other bigger one still has the default orangish beak, and bright orange feet. I can post a photo if needed.
Do you think one of my females is a male?

Waaaahh they look so cute!!  Congrats on your new additions! ^_^

I've got a question for everyone WH-experienced.  I picked up my order of 2 female WH's about 3 weeks ago from Metzer.  At first they both look about the same, coloring-wise.  But one, the smaller one, has had her feet and beak turn blackish (as expected for a female).  My other bigger one still has the default orangish beak, and bright orange feet. I can post a photo if needed. 
Do you think one of my females is a male?
I say post pics :)

Back
Top Bottom