Welsh Harlequin

Yes! She is a gold phase. I got one, too. Now she is sitting on eggs. Best news? Only the golds will be females so when they hatch I'll know right away if any are the same. LOL
She is beeaauutiful! Looks like a very devoted mommy! :) I thought there was also gold phased drakes? Or is it due to her specific genetics? I'm still learning up on all of the genetics and outcomes... and it is SO interesting... but oy. It makes my head hurt trying to grasp it all.
he.gif
smile.png

Oh! Also- thank you for confirming that for me. I'm soo happy to have a gold. I think the silvers are suuper pretty, but I like to have a little diversity, and it will be nice to have a reference of the difference to show people who come and visit.

So.. Goldie it is. I'm sure there is nobody else on BYC with a Gold phase WH named Goldie. ha hah
yesss.gif

From everything I've read a silver drake over a gold hen = 50% silver drake 25% silver hen 25% gold hen.

So, the gold will be 100% hens and the silvers will be 75% drake 25% hen.

I'm excited but can't keep any more unless they are going to be dinner so will be looking for homes for them. The drake's sire won grand champion at the state level, and the hen won a blue at the fair...so the genetics should be pretty good. ;-)

While I wouldn't mind eating one my kids would be SO angry at me. As it is I have a Rhode Island Red that hasn't laid in a year - they won't let me eat her either. With 4 new chicks in the garage the old lady is going "to a new home" this summer. LOL.

Oh! Also- thank you for confirming that for me. I'm soo happy to have a gold. I think the silvers are suuper pretty, but I like to have a little diversity, and it will be nice to have a reference of the difference to show people who come and visit.

So.. Goldie it is. I'm sure there is nobody else on BYC with a Gold phase WH named Goldie. ha hah
yesss.gif

Kind of like my WH named Harley Quinn. VERY original. ;)

From everything I've read a silver drake over a gold hen = 50% silver drake 25% silver hen 25% gold hen.

So, the gold will be 100% hens and the silvers will be 75% drake 25% hen.

I'm excited but can't keep any more unless they are going to be dinner so will be looking for homes for them. The drake's sire won grand champion at the state level, and the hen won a blue at the fair...so the genetics should be pretty good. ;-)

While I wouldn't mind eating one my kids would be SO angry at me. As it is I have a Rhode Island Red that hasn't laid in a year - they won't let me eat her either. With 4 new chicks in the garage the old lady is going "to a new home" this summer. LOL.

You seemed to have spelled that out in elementary easy to understand terms... BUT, I've re-read it 10 times and I can't quite make sense of it. I'm sorry! I blame it on Monday morning. Is your drake a Gold, is that how the odds would be 100% hens? Thank you for being patient with me. ;)

That is really exciting. When are they due to hatch! You'll post pictures I'm sure? :)

Kind of like my WH named Harley Quinn. VERY original. ;)

Funniest thing ever! I actually had picked Harley for Goldie's name, and then I noticed you named you named yours Harley. Well I was only one day into it, so it wasn't like she was used to it or anything...and Goldie fits her so well.

You have good taste in names though... jus' saying.
big_smile.png

Did that post, post twice/ How in the world? (The one with her sitting on the eggs)

OK- so my drake is a silver phase and that is what makes all the boys silver and the girls half and half.

If I have 100 eggs and all of them hatched chances are I would have 50 silver boys, 25 silver girls and 25 gold girls...Make any better sense? Need some stock to diversify with? ;-)

Oh- Due date 4/10!!! 11 days and counting!

Last edited:
hah yes! It finally clicked...I'm heading for my second cup of coffee! This whole thing is really interesting to me. SO fun to see them change as they get older.

Funniest thing ever! I actually had picked Harley for Goldie's name, and then I noticed you named you named yours Harley. Well I was only one day into it, so it wasn't like she was used to it or anything...and Goldie fits her so well.

You have good taste in names though... jus' saying.
big_smile.png

Great minds and all that.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom