Welsh Harlequin

The one i am calling as a female is quaking but the other two are making a whistling (??) chirping sound.

Well, the quacking is a dead giveaway for a girl. Hard to tell with the others.

How are welshes as pets? Are they good layers? What are their cons?

Mine is really sweet, and I hear that's typical for the breed. They're supposed to be excellent layers. Not sure if there are any cons.

My question is are WH good duck pets? First time with ducks. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same! I need help but no one seems to answer on this thread
1f613.png

I'll answer ya'll! Love mine. They are very sweet. If they are out free ranging and someone comes out the door, they come running over to see if someone brought treats. Very nice ducks. Calm and easy going. They were skittish as ducklings, but definitely mellowed out with age. They are awesome. And they are laying lovely eggs daily.

Same! I need help but no one seems to answer on this thread
1f613.png
Most of us have answered in one of your various threads that ask about which is the best.

Yes they make good pets. What are you looking for? Meat, eggs or just pets? My welsh is very easy to catch but doesn't necessarily like to be picked up. She deals the best with it out of my flock and my 4 year old carriers her around. She isn't as loud as my runners. I love all my ducks and they are all very friendly. I don't have a favorite but each one is different.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom