Welsh Harlequin

Two of mine went on a field trip on Saturday. Hubby works at Lowes and since they announced they are pet friendly his coworkers have been bugging him to bring in some ducks. Duck Vader and Rose did a nice job eating mealworms from people, posing for pictures and getting lots of pets.

Gosh! Duck Vader & Rose are beautiful!!
love.gif

@LovesAGoodYolk lots and lots of handling and hand feeding. They are two years old and are still handled frequently. They don't like to be caught but once you catch them they are resigned to their fate.
They were happily digging in the fresh straw for the greens I sprinkled in it, eating mealworms from our hands, getting drinks from a Tupperware I held out for them and even spent some time preening.

I have some questions I was told mine r silver welches but mom is Welch and dad is mallard so what would that make mine then because people r saying they r not welches they r Kahki Campbell's

I have some questions I was told mine r silver welches but mom is Welch and dad is mallard so what would that make mine then because people r saying they r not welches they r Kahki Campbell's

They're not welsh harlequins, mallards, or khaki campbells. They're not actually a breed at all, they're crosses.

Well mine are still babies but of those I've seen I really like the look of the silver male and female. I like the blue on the wings
Me too!! I am also a sucker for the gray /silver/black combo. Silver is definitely my favorite.
But I know that allot of people seak after the gold. I was wondering if there something special I am missing about the gold or is it just preference?

Sounds to me like it is just preference. I got one of each females because it seemed like a good plan lol. Heard some comments though that if you have them and one of your ducks comes up missing or hurt or anything wrong nine out of ten times it's a gold phase... Makes me wonder if it's the blond gene hahaha

Back
Top Bottom