Welsh Harlequin

I am occasionally finding a duck egg that is soft and rubbery (sometimes without a yoke)... have not figured out if it is the same duck each time. I figured it was the youngest one and she wasn't quite ready to be laying... except today I found 2 rubbery eggs and had already collected the days ration of 3 eggs that were firm with yokes...... Any ideas.... should I add calicum to their mix..???

Thanks for the tip...... still trying to bypass the fencing thing... way too much area and I don't want to pen them in.... BUT.... we built a nice pond with a small waterfall that they have fell in love with.... put food out under one of the palms close by and they have taken to staying fairly close to the area... I may sell the youngest female and the oldest drake.... she's the adventurer and he's her buddy... [another way to keep them closer to the house...]

30919_546818025712_58102172_32050979_950155_n.jpg

Well Mother Nature solved my fencing problem..... Local eagle claimed the youngest duck, (most adventouras) while she was on the large pond... Now the other ducks won't go down near the place... no trees down there for them to run under... so they are all staying up near the waterpond..... hate too lose one that way... but it sure was a good lesson for ducks..!!!

I'm buying 4 more of another bloodline this week and have sold the older drake.... So I should have 6 WH with 3 distinct bloodlines..!!

Hi Ottodog!

We live in Lakewood and have a farm up in Evergreen! My hubby was born and raised in Idaho Springs. I have sold WH to a number of people in CO, including a couple of BYC'ers. Wifezilla might have some and also Dances with Ducks. You might send them PM's. I don't have WH anymore though as I have gone to focusing more on the bantam breeds and Runners (with a few other odds and ends as well).

Good luck finding some new ducks!
smile.png

Quote:
Howdy CityChicker from Idaho Springs (well actually York Gulch)
big_smile.png

Don't know if you read, but my Shepherd recently dispatched my 5 three week old Mallard ducklings.
sad.png
Just looking for something to replace them. I'm torn between Welsh Harlequin and Blue Swede's. I've got an order in with Cackle for 15 BR's. They show both WH and BS's. Maybe I should try and replace 5 of the BR's with them.

Any comments on which make better pets?

Take Care,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom