Welsh Harlequin

Here's a perfectly awful pic of my new 4 mo girl. Is it normal for her to have so little 'harlequin' on her? She looks more like a white duck.
22798_isabelel_and_isolde.jpg

Isolde (Saxony) and Isabelle . I'm doing the Renn thing with duck names
lol.png

Last edited:
That's cool to hear! I've got two Metzer girls named Wallet and Keys... Wallet is starting to look like she's supposed to, but Keys is really hanging onto that white coloration. She's cute, but I'm hoping she gets more of that harlequin color. Not sure she will, though - she doesn't even have the wing bar.

I have a question about WH's from Ideal. I found out last night that eggs I got online are from a flock originally purchased from Ideal Hatchery and are golds. Does anyone have any of these? I had my first one pip and start to break through the shell and it's bill is light colored--are Ideal's WH "sex-linked" like Metzer's?

I've had a gold drake who hatched with a light beak. I'm not sure how accurate the beak sexing is with golds, but he may also just have been one of those unusual WHs that made Holderread say the beak sexing is ~98% accurate instead of 100%.

Quote:
Yeah, I looked too before I posted. They don't have them listed--but I was thinking maybe they did carry them at one time. I will still be happy with them no matter what, as they are my first hatch. I do wonder if I got Snowy Mallards--which would be cool too.

Back
Top Bottom