Welsh Harlequin

Well, after much thought....... I ordered 3 WH females from Metzer's due here in May!

I loved my little Mallards, but this time around, Welshies for me!
wee.gif

I love my welshies
big_smile.png

I have a broody WH on a nest right now. She has somewhere around 20 eggs. Hopefully I will soon be over run with squeaky, peeping little fluff balls
big_smile.png

Quote:
Azhenhouse those look like really nice Welsh Harlequin teenagers! Can you see the colors on the wingbars yet? Blue wingbars are silver and bronze are gold. Yours seem to be towards the end of that long phase where their feathering is changing so much its often hard to tell the difference between gold and silver. You can easily tell them apart when they still have their yellow fuzz because the silvers have a charcoal blush on their heads, do you have photos of them then? At this point you might not know for sure until their wing bars grow out because there is so much variation between individual ducks it can be misleading. But I am guessing at least Skittles is silver because none of the gold I have seen get such dark hooding on their heads.

I am getting one Welsh Harlequin (I ordered one of each type of duck and goose that Berg's carries). I can't wait to see them all!

I'm setting 2 dozen + WH eggs on Wednesday
smile.png
I sooo hope they are fertile- they are such cuties! I have seen them "in action", but I have also seen the females climing on top of eachother- lol!

Quote:
yea me too I cannot find anyone close to me on BYC I will probably just order them from a hatchery LOL

Am I not close enough? I just had 11/12 chicks hatch on the Canada border- I'm pretty sure you'd get something to hatch.
hu.gif

I could do a small order of hatching eggs (8 or less). I'm getting reports of 100% fertility, and I personally had a 100% hatch. I got mine from a farmer in the area, so not sure what quality mine are, but they are pretty and lay well. PM me if interested.
22798_wh_cropped_4_m.jpg
This pic is them at just under a year old. All have more color now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom