Welsummer Chick?

There's a chance it oculd be a mix too, but I'm not sure. I don't know of any other breeds with a double (buttercup comb) and that looks to me what your chick has, but maybe someone else has a sugestion.

There's a chance it oculd be a mix too, but I'm not sure. I don't know of any other breeds with a double (buttercup comb) and that looks to me what your chick has, but maybe someone else has a sugestion.
can,i,ask how to identify thE buttercup cone in the pic I posted I am very new to chickens and that would be valuable knowledge to have. I like the looks of the sicilian buttercup I was trying to compare leg color to the image u posted with what mine has.

can,i,ask how to identify thE buttercup cone in the pic I posted I am very new to chickens and that would be valuable knowledge to have. I like the looks of the sicilian buttercup I was trying to compare leg color to the image u posted with what mine has.
i don't know what to look for but what see is the white streak up her head when I part her feathers,above her beak and her forehead.

Dark Cornish

Buttercups have a more speckled head similar to wyandote chicks. That chick has a definite brown diamond marking on the top of it's head which buttercups do not have. Other chicks like brown leghorns also are chipmunk patterned with head diamond but they are a darker brown in color. That leaves welsummer, speckled sussix and dark cornish,, and that comb looks more like a pea comb, ie, nonexistent,, than a single comb which the welsummer and sussix would have. Therefore my money is on Dark Cornish.

Dark Cornish

Buttercups have a more speckled head similar to wyandote chicks.  That chick has a definite brown diamond marking on the top of it's head which buttercups do not have. Other chicks like brown leghorns also are chipmunk patterned with head diamond but they are a darker brown in color.  That leaves welsummer, speckled sussix and dark cornish,, and that comb looks more like a pea comb, ie,  nonexistent,, than a single comb which the welsummer and sussix would have. Therefore my money is on Dark Cornish.
thank,u,.......I guess time will tell ....I am more confused now

Back
Top Bottom