Welsummer Cockerel

Whitepines

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 10, 2011
Maryland
I’m 99.9 percent sure this Welsummer pullet is a cockerel.
9131BA29-6EB1-49C7-A123-D01F5B34EB56.jpeg

At least I can get a refund for him in 2 months. The hatchery said something like waiting til between 14-26 weeks. I am almost positive one of my polish is a cockerel, too
What do you mean by refund him?
The hatchery's going to take him back?
Which hatchery did you buy him from?

Yep, that is a Welsummer cockerel. Welsummers cockerels feather in with a black chest, like yours, and pullets feather in with a brown/amber chest. Plus they have a over all different look, like yours. He is awfully handsome tho! My flock is all Welsummer pullets ,and we are in need of a rooster, so I would gladly take him from you if we where closer! 😭

Yep, that is a Welsummer cockerel. Welsummers cockerels feather in with a black chest, like yours, and pullets feather in with a brown/amber chest. Plus they have a over all different look, like yours. He is awfully handsome tho! My flock is all Welsummer pullets ,and we are in need of a rooster, so I would gladly take him from you if we where closer! 😭
Apparently you just need to order a few pullets and you’ll have one😆. I guess I’ll put him with two of the pullets and put the rest with my Orpington pair. I was trying to get my Orpington a few more pullets so he didn’t wear out his mate when he grows up

Back
Top Bottom