Went for a Rat, Came back with a...

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
DSCF0970.jpg

YES. It is a ferret.

It took me about a week to get over the "Oh my God it's a weasel near my chicks!" thing...but so far, the chicks beat up on her. They are caged FAR away from each other, but she's just so daggum cute!

My boyfriend's hamster (the one we found in our apartment) passed on. After burying her, I could see he was pretty upset still. So I said he could get a rat and that I would help him pick it out. We were going to look at the rats, but passed by the ferrets. He gave me this look that said "PLEASE!" I've always liked ferrets...we bought her and brought her back. Her name is "Goose" because:

1. She likes to goose you when you're sitting in the recliner.
2. Something about a wing-man and Maverick??
3. It's a bird!
big_smile.png

Honestly? Not that much! The ones at PetCo...yes, but this one doesn't stink that bad once she's in her own cage that's nicely aired. There's a light "cat" smell about her, but other than that. She's been spayed and descented, so that helps detract from their smell.

I"m so jealous RoPo!!!! We can't legally own ferrets here so unless I want to head over to AZ and smuggle one back in it's not going to happen. I've wanted one for YEARS, only made it worse when a friend of mine had a couple and introduced me to them when I was a teenager as I'd always thought they were adorable. I hope someday they are legalized so we can buy them here. It's not like people don't have them anyway, all the pet stores carry ferret supplies, I just want to set a good example for my kiddos that we need to follow the laws even if we don't agree with them or they're ridiculous.

Oh, make sure you keep posting pictures!!!!! She's adorable. I think Goose is a perfect name too.
thumbsup.gif
droolin.gif

ETA: Good luck tomorrow, will be waiting for an update with great anticipation!

Last edited:
I had some back in the 80's, I loved them, the male smelled a little bit but as long as you keep them and the cage clean they aren't any worse than 20 chicks in a plastic tote.
Mine loved to take baths, in fact if she was loose and you were in the tub or shower, here she came, of course she also stole bars of soap...

Last edited:
Lucky! Shes cute! I like them..but they scare me too...
hide.gif

One took me down (in front of A LOT of people..) at a halloween party at my friends house.
I was coming out of the bathroom... and the thing came running at me from nowhere..it grabbed my sock and took me down! I think it was gonna jump on my throat and kill me too... *shivers*
Thankfully the ferret owner saw me rolling on the ground with their ferret and saved me...
th.gif

AND..when i fell.. they had this motion activated pumpkin... and when i fell..it went... Muhahahahahah! Like it was funny...
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom