Went for four, came home with eight.

gotta love chicken math!!!

It's hard to get people to understand, who dont have chickens! LOL

but once i got my first eggs to hatch, and ordered chicks.......I understood!!!
smile.png

I love it!!!!

Good gosh, one of them is so feisty. It stomps it's feet and has a hissy fit when another chick comes near it's food. When I put them on the table to take a picture of them, it charged at me! All the others either just sat or ran the other way. This one came at me like it want to peck my head off!

Isn't there a chicken math rule of " If one's a roo replace it with two?" Actually I think it was replace with three but, couldn't get something to rhyme with it.

i think most everyone can relate who have chickens... i started with 25 and have had as many as 50 or more.... i have plenty of space for them, however my husband keeps me in check:
rant.gif
.. i would love to have at least 100.... glad my husband's here to stop me...
tongue.gif
party pooper!!!!

I don't believe it. I in no possible way understand how you could do something like that.
th.gif
Think about their health and all the care that many adult hens will take. Think about much feed that many grown chickens will take. Do you know what you have done? But alas, you sucker. Just like the rest of of us, ain't cha?
celebrate.gif

Yep !! To easy to get addicted. My daughter was like do you realize you have 25 chickens. I really want to get some EE this spring. I am sure we will have to get rid of some of the 14 chicks. We already have a rooster and a bantam rooster. We will keep one rooster from my 6 week olds since there daddy was killed. Oh well, maybe we can build a larger coop. Ours free range all day so I don't need alot of space.

I have never been able to sex the EE's untill they lay or crow, ( well, maybe not quite that long), but the SLW are easy, the baby roos will be much lighter and more silvery than the baby pullets. After they start losing the down and getting feathers it gets a little harder, but the roos will still be lighter.

Back
Top Bottom