WE'RE BACK!!!!!

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
FINALLY!!!!! I have my computer back AND I have my internet back. I won't even go into the LONG and exceedingly boring details of my computer fiasco's in the middle of moving!! But just suffice it to say, for anyone who cares
tongue.png
, we've moved and just got my computer back 30 minutes ago!!

But even more importantly: we have been hatching and RESCUING (story below pics) chicks like crazy. We are up to 47 babies with more due soon
smile.png

These are all the bigger babies. CYN!!!! Look at the splash in the middle, that is your baby!!!

DSCN2101.jpg

These are the smaller babies with the group of Brahmas we rescued (see below). Sorry about lighting, they are under the red light.

DSCN2107.jpg

And these are my first Salmon Favs. that hatched yesterday!! I got only got 4 (lost one) but I am happy! They are cute and healthy as can be. They pipped, zipped and hatched in 5-10 minutes. It was amazing. (I tried to fix coloring, but couldn't do it well.)

DSCN2113.jpg

And this is our CRAZY large egg. We thought for sure it was going to be a triple yolker, but only a HUGE double.

DSCN2073.jpg

Okay... Here is the story..... Went to local feed store to turn in 3 roos. Came home with a silver laced polish, WCB polish, a silver laced cochin, a buff orp and a MF d'uccle. No surprise there LOL!! Then we drove by another feed store with new sign out that says "Chicks here" so we stopped. Only BR and RIR in big tub but he says he has more in brooder in back. So we go back to look, and these little chicks are in a brooder and 30 out of 50 have the WORST pasted butts you have ever seen. Inch long poops stuck to them and one was even dead and ground in to the wire it had been there so long. The two teenaged boys didn't care at all. So we asked for a bowl of warm water and cleaned them the best we could over an hour and then pulled out twelve of the healthiest and bought them. Then I called animal control and turned them in. But we wound up with 4 dark Brahmas, 3 buff brahmas, 2 light brahmas (mystery chicks), 2 buff laced polish and a buff columbian d'uccle. We may go back and get some more tomorrow if they are still there. I have had nightmares the last few nights of these poor chicks in there. Well at least some of them will have a good home!!

It feels like it's been years since we have been on and I have missed you all!!!

We have hatched out 1 welsummer, 3 australorps, 3 blrw, 2 wheaton marans, 1 splash orp, 3 black orps, 2 EE, 4 SF and several more roos that have gone off to the feed store.

36 chicks in my living room (plus my original 11)!!! Yeah!!! chickie heaven!!

Edited to add: One of the black orps hatched on day 18 in the turner!! I just never would have believed it was possible!!!

Last edited:
Thanks!!!
big_smile.png
I have needed some serious medication not being able to get on here!!!! I have missed you all so much, can't wait to get caught up on all the goings on!

They are all napping in the top picture!! Must be cozy and warm, how sweet. Someone else just had a dinosaur egg recently...hatch that one and see what you feed bill goes up too!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
so glad to see you back. When you get settled you must tell us all about your new place. Get rested up as there is a lot of reading in store for you.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom