West Virginia panhandle....

mudhen

confidently clueless
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Shepherdstown, WV
I'm in Shepherdstown, a small town just south over the Potomac River from Sharpsburg, MD, and north of Harpers Ferry, WV.
Anybody else out this way? I think the folks in Jefferson, MD are pretty close..

Hi Mudhen!!!
big_smile.png
...I'm not anywhere near you but I am in WV...lol...Randolph County here...nice to meet you...Use to be a few over around your area on the other byc site we have with ez board so maybe they will chime in...I have Buff Orpingtons...Light Brahmas and a trio of Black/blue/splash Orpingtons...

Tuffoldhen

Hi, neighbors!!!

DitzzyChic, luv your avi!

Right now, I only have one hen. I adopted her from an animal shelter about three years ago. She looks a lot like a Welsummer, but doesn't lay dark brown eggs, light brown ones instead.
Anyway, she's sitting on eggs: 4 araucanas, 3 RIR, 3 American Dominique.
The RIR's are due today!
This is a new experience for me, first attempt with 4 RIR egg's didn't go well, so I'm hoping for the best now.
Going out to check on Millie and her eggs now....wish us luck!
smile.png

We were in Shepardstown one year looking at buying a lot along the river one year just for a place to come and fish (never did buy anything though). Yes Jefferson MD is pretty close to where you are. We are southern PA and Jefferson MD is about a 40 minute drive from where we are at.

We do go to Charlestown Race track a few times a year to watch the horses run and sometimes play the slots. That is an hour drive from where we are at! I like the drive because it takes you past Harpers Ferry. WV is a nice place to visit.

Cool! Of course, we're only about 20 minutes from the track, but I've only been there three times and only for the slots ( I'm about $1.75 up!
lol.png
)
Harpers Ferry is beautiful, seems like a picture postcard from about every angle!
Glad to know you guys are close, welcome 'neighbors'!!
wink.png

I grew up in inwood, I no longer live there, but have many ties in the Berkeley/Jefferson county area.

Back
Top Bottom