Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Remove wet pox lesions from inside the mouth with tweezers, then swab inside the mouth with iodine. There will be blood, use cotton or tissue before applying the iodine.
If there are lesions in the esophagus, there's nothing you can do and it would be best to cull.

Remove wet pox lesions from inside the mouth with tweezers, then swab inside the mouth with iodine. There will be blood, use cotton or tissue before applying the iodine.
If there are lesions in the esophagus, there's nothing you can do and it would be best to cull.

I'll refer the text to her she said it's only 1 scab visible on the right corner roof of mouth . She is giving Metrodinazole

I'll refer the text to her she said it's only 1 scab visible on the right corner roof of mouth . She is giving Metrodinazole
Metronidazole is ineffective against fowl pox. Metronidazole is effective against canker. Canker (Trichomonosis) can be mistaken for fowl pox. Is she certain that she is dealing with fowl pox and not canker?
A way to tell is that canker looks necrotic and has a foul odor.

Please advise
What medication is required for this

I have posted previously separate and cannot cut n paste the story

Briefly:
Week 1
both eyes covered over hen
No lesions inside beak
Water and Wet food nil comply just today
accepting of pellets by my fingers to beak and water drank with prompt of bowl on angle
Hen appears to have lost ALOT of weight since yesterday
With a belly full to digest tonight she ate as many pellets possible and then began spitting them out.. assumed she is full.. her little belly protruded in her feathering.
With much luck she will be happy for pellets tomorrow

make had had with wet food Avicline with is a sulphur based powder this week.
perhaps this has helped with mil lesions inside beak

Zoom into the photo to see closure of eye due to skin o er growth

Attachments

• 9B20E49E-162F-455E-B0EC-8C09817FE441.jpeg
    9B20E49E-162F-455E-B0EC-8C09817FE441.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 13
Hello, thank you for all of the resources in this thread. I’ve head it through and had a question I didn’t see. My young pullet in the photo recently recovered from dry pox but there’s a large hole on her beak area where the lesion/scab fell off. Is this something I should be concerned about or treat further?
C80B3872-AF36-4EA4-8885-0AA2534B32A3.jpeg

Kathy, I know what you are going through 12 fold because I had 12 poults in October 2012 that I put outside during mosquito season in Louisiana (without vaccinating them) and they got wet pox. This is what I did. This may not work for everyone but it worked for me. It takes patience, time and MANY sleepless nights. Kathy, these babies were literally blind during this time. I am happy to say that I did not lose 1 single poult. All of the pulled through. If I would have not devoted my time and 3 hours of sleep each night, I would have lost ALL of them. My motto is "No one dies on my watch."

My poults looked 3 times worst than your girl and survived. They literally have ooey goeey stuff oozing from every orface. :sick

This was my treatment plan. This is what I did. Please read below.
Hey kuntrygirl I read ur message and most my chicks got wet pox some died bc idk what to do but I got one right now that's got it all in her mouth and looks like she's barely surviving and I want to try ur treatment but idk where I would get penacilon do u know where I can get it bc I need something bc I can't watch anymore of my chicks dying so I gotta do something plz msg me back bc I need some help ASAP

Kathy, I know what you are going through 12 fold because I had 12 poults in October 2012 that I put outside during mosquito season in Louisiana (without vaccinating them) and they got wet pox. This is what I did. This may not work for everyone but it worked for me. It takes patience, time and MANY sleepless nights. Kathy, these babies were literally blind during this time. I am happy to say that I did not lose 1 single poult. All of the pulled through. If I would have not devoted my time and 3 hours of sleep each night, I would have lost ALL of them. My motto is "No one dies on my watch."

My poults looked 3 times worst than your girl and survived. They literally have ooey goeey stuff oozing from every orface. :sick

This was my treatment plan. This is what I did. Please read below.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

@casportpony Do you know why so many of your hens got wet pox? Everything I read says that wet pox is rare. I just lost 2 turkeys to wet pox. It was my fault, I thought it was just fighting injuries so I did nothing 😭 feel so guilty.
I am so worried my other birds will get it. I had never seen wet pox nor dry pox before this. We don't have mosquitoes this time of year so I have no idea how the 2 turkeys got infected.

Back
Top Bottom