What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
I need more vowels please…
"Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel..."
th (3).jpeg

:pop

Hi, first time chicken owner, I’ve got 4 red sex link pullets, and 4 chicks.
Is there a chicken breed underground that I’m unaware of? Like the Free Masons of chickens??
Before I decided to get chickens, I read EVERYTHING I could about them. And yall chicken ppl blow my mind with ALL the breeds and knowledge about them. Not just in this community. I went to the feed store just to buy another feeder. Ol man comes over “oh you got some me chickens huh. Well you need some bebop’s and floofloos, and maybe cross you some yummytums and plickados”. At one point I don’t think he was speaking English anymore. “What kind of chickens you got”? I was dumbfounded I said “mine are red”. I felt so.. ignorant. Seriously where/how do y'all learn about all these breeds? And why is it important? I feel like I’m missing something here. I want to be in the chicken know!
You know, I've been that person in the feed store before... I overheard someone saying something about their chickens and I asked them what they had for chickens. They said they didn’t know and described them out and eventually showed me a picture of them. I then went on and told them they had Black Australorps. And that was the second time I did something like that.
Once in TSC, someone tried arguing with me how these birds were bantams and nothing else (they might have even said they were Silkies). I told them they were Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantams and pointed out all the reasons why they were. I don't really know why the person was so mad and didn't want to realize that there is different colors and breeds of chickens and small chickens aren't just "bantams" or "Silkies," but I think I won the argument as she finally stopped trying to convince they were one thing.

Hi, first time chicken owner, I’ve got 4 red sex link pullets, and 4 chicks.
Is there a chicken breed underground that I’m unaware of? Like the Free Masons of chickens??
Before I decided to get chickens, I read EVERYTHING I could about them. And yall chicken ppl blow my mind with ALL the breeds and knowledge about them. Not just in this community. I went to the feed store just to buy another feeder. Ol man comes over “oh you got some me chickens huh. Well you need some bebop’s and floofloos, and maybe cross you some yummytums and plickados”. At one point I don’t think he was speaking English anymore. “What kind of chickens you got”? I was dumbfounded I said “mine are red”. I felt so.. ignorant. Seriously where/how do y'all learn about all these breeds? And why is it important? I feel like I’m missing something here. I want to be in the chicken know!
There's many chickens out there, some very unusual, some super rare, almost extinct, & super common.

I've got many different chickens, different degrees of rare-ness, & commonness.

Back
Top Bottom