What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
I know what a broody hen is. But is that good? I mean why is that good? Not that I think it’s bad. Help me understand!!!
If you want to have a broody hen, then having one is good. Example: you want to have chicks without fussing with an incubator and brooder, or you want the experience of seeing how cute chicks are as they run around with their mother.

If you do not want to have a broody hen, then of course it is not good. Example: when you want lots of eggs to eat, or when you want eggs from that particular hen to hatch chicks from (because she stops laying eggs while she is broody. So if you need more eggs from her, you will have to wait a while.)

If you want to have a broody hen, then having one is good. Example: you want to have chicks without fussing with an incubator and brooder, or you want the experience of seeing how cute chicks are as they run around with their mother.

If you do not want to have a broody hen, then of course it is not good. Example: when you want lots of eggs to eat, or when you want eggs from that particular hen to hatch chicks from (because she stops laying eggs while she is broody. So if you need more eggs from her, you will have to wait a while.)
I want mine to go broody so bad! I want more chicks, but I do not want to do the raising them in the house thing again (I get worse than a broody when I have babies in the house).

I know what a broody hen is. But is that good? I mean why is that good? Not that I think it’s bad. Help me understand!!!

Moments like these....♥️
20230618_094806.jpg
20230702_202610.jpg

Oh wow how long do they stop laying? Do roosters know if the hen is broody?

Back
Top Bottom