What’s wrong with this baby?

Newchickey

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2014
Hatched on Monday, received on Tuesday. Had been in a seperate brooder now for 24 hrs with a friend. Won’t eat or drink on it own. But happily drinks till slurry if I hold the cap with it in front of her. Won’t peck ate anything to eat. Stumbles and walks backwards. Now all bloated under neck. Gave nurtidrench drop in the slurry. Front is wet because just got done drinking and reaches to far side and gets neck in it .

Attachments

• 4A4E6189-3D20-48FF-8593-C52319F0ED99.jpeg
    4A4E6189-3D20-48FF-8593-C52319F0ED99.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 18
Poor thing. Maybe it developed incorrectly in the egg. Is the crop what is swollen or it’s entire chest? I would cross post to the emergencies and injuries board to see if someone can assist.

There should be some kind of down on the skin though. I think that is why it is so strange looking - like that is something internal that has made its way to the external.
Yea it could just be the angle of the photo but the chick appears to have a misshapen head/bottom jaw?

There should be some kind of down on the skin though. I think that is why it is so strange looking - like that is something internal that has made its way to the external.
She got egg yolk all over her and trying to wipe it off I think I got some of the down

Back
Top Bottom