what’s wrong with this chicken? is this EYP?

we got her into the vet. they gave her fluid and antibiotic injections. not 10 minutes into the car ride home she seized and died. I fully expected her to die at home today, but I didn’t expect THAT right out of the vet’s office. RIP Midnight.
I am so sorry. Really so sorry.

When a chicken is seriously ill, any stress will hasten death. It's good that you tried, but EYP (egg yolk peritonitus) is a serious reproductive infection that not many are able to recover from even with antibiotics. It's good she didn't suffer any longer than she did. EYP can be a very drawn out illness, hard on both hen and her keeper.

When a chicken is seriously ill, any stress will hasten death. It's good that you tried, but EYP (egg yolk peritonitus) is a serious reproductive infection that not many are able to recover from even with antibiotics. It's good she didn't suffer any longer than she did. EYP can be a very drawn out illness, hard on both hen and her keeper.
yeah that’s what I understand. thank you for sharing all your knowledge with me! it helped keep her going a little longer. I am bringing her in for a necropsy and really curious as to what the findings will be.

yeah that’s what I understand. thank you for sharing all your knowledge with me! it helped keep her going a little longer. I am bringing her in for a necropsy and really curious as to what the findings will be.
I'm sorry you lost her. If you are able, please post the findings of the necropsy, so we all can learn.

Thank you for caring for her. :hugsFly high and free, lovely Midnight.

Back
Top Bottom