What’s your favorite type of chicken?

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, so I was just curious what everyone’s favorite breed of chicken was! I thought about making a poll, but realized there are WAY too many breeds to add. I also know that other people have also probably posted something like this, but I was just curious 🙂 anyway, comment below what your favorite breed is and why (or your top 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10... breeds are!) my top ones so far the sapphire gem and buff Brahmas, because they seem really gentle. I also love silkies but it rains here a lot and I can’t keep roosters, because they are straight run. Obviously if you’ve seen my other 2 threads, I’m pretty new so don’t know a lot of chicken breeds, but I hope to learn more! Sorry it’s so long!

Wow! The ones in the second paragraph I’ve never heard of! Obviously I still have a lot to learn. They sound very interesting, @JacinLarkwell
They're like the extremes of the poultryworld. Look up Greenfire's video of the Ayam ketwa. It's one of the only videos that really do them justice

Oh, I also love the modern games

I love my brahmas, they are the sweetest birds I've owned so far. Fairly docile and I love how they coo, their size, combs, feathered feet and cream/light brown eggs. They were 'free ranging' the backyard today. As soon as I opened the backdoor a couple unabashed hens flew 10ft up in the air across the yard to be the first to greet me at the steps lol.

Next favorite are the dominiques. Smaller bird, screechy in sound, flighty, but smart and a better layer than the brahmas. And the beggars of the bunch too.

I love my brahmas, they are the sweetest birds I've owned so far. Fairly docile and I love how they coo, their size, combs, feathered feet and cream/light brown eggs. They were 'free ranging' the backyard today. As soon as I opened the backdoor a couple unabashed hens flew 10ft up in the air across the yard to be the first to greet me at the steps lol.

Next favorite are the dominiques. Smaller bird, screechy in sound, flighty, but smart and a better layer than the brahmas. And the beggars of the bunch too.
I’m glad you like Brahmas, this is my first year having chicks and 1 of my 2 I chose was a Brahma (named cupcake) 🙂

Back
Top Bottom