Thank you, not sure its a barred rock his feathering reminds me a lot of my Brahmas but he doesn't have that distinct black and white barring like my barred rocks lots of grey I suppose it will be more evident when he gets bigger. This is my 1st go at Bantams other then my silkie. I'm really enjoying them so far!
He's not barred. His variety is silver pencilled. This variety is called dark in Brahmas. He is a Silver Pencilled Plymouth Rock Bantam :)

He's not barred. His variety is silver pencilled. This variety is called dark in Brahmas. He is a Silver Pencilled Plymouth Rock Bantam :)
Ohhh I see thank you!!! Its good to know the breed I only have one like him and its a Cockerel, sadly I ended up with 3 cockerels out of 5 chicks so I am going to have to part with 2 of them since he is a favorite of my granddaughter he will likely stay! Smart bird took up with the little one 1st thing LOL

Ohhh I see thank you!!! Its good to know the breed I only have one like him and its a Cockerel, sadly I ended up with 3 cockerels out of 5 chicks so I am going to have to part with 2 of them since he is a favorite of my granddaughter he will likely stay! Smart bird took up with the little one 1st thing LOL
Just take note if the little cockerel begins to nip her hand, wing shuffle (wing dance) her, tidbitting and her picking up what was tidbitted/tidbitting her, or mating the hand, i’m just saying this as roosters who are very sweet often turn aggressive because they assume they are dominant, this way you can end up with a well rounded roo and correct bad behaviors early on.

My japanese bantam was good during chick stage, but during teenager stage he was starting to be bad, he chased me and bit me, so since i caught it so early and tapped his head firmly and stood my ground, it easily got corrected and he is a very good boy who loves snuggles.

Just take note if the little cockerel begins to nip her hand, wing shuffle (wing dance) her, tidbitting and her picking up what was tidbitted/tidbitting her, or mating the hand, i’m just saying this as roosters who are very sweet often turn aggressive because they assume they are dominant, this way you can end up with a well rounded roo and correct bad behaviors early on.

My japanese bantam was good during chick stage, but during teenager stage he was starting to be bad, he chased me and bit me, so since i caught it so early and tapped his head firmly and stood my ground, it easily got corrected and he is a very good boy who loves snuggles.
Thanks! So far so good but I will defiantly keep an eye! We do not tolerate rude roosters lol

Both my OEGBs, mounted my hand, & attacked my hand between 2-3 weeks old, but turned into sweethearts. Dominant behavior doesn't always mean they'll become aggressive later on. For some it's just a faze. The behavior lasted up until 6 - 7 weeks, then stopped. Now they beg for my attention. They turn a year in July.

Both my OEGBs, mounted my hand, & attacked my hand between 2-3 weeks old, but turned into sweethearts. Dominant behavior doesn't always mean they'll become aggressive later on. For some it's just a faze. The behavior lasted up until 6 - 7 weeks, then stopped. Now they beg for my attention. They turn a year in July.
They are about 6 weeks old and so far all have been very dossal

I was just saying to take note of the behavior, i had actually said that “sweet roos often will become aggressive if they are mean” but they don’t always. Anyhow, i do see what you mean. I think the teenage stage (mine was 8 months ish) that mine was at is worse because they are really getting those hormones in, not learning new things.

I have another question regarding my bantams I hope ya'll can help! How big do these get? I though they would be about the size of my Silkie but they are tiny!! I am posting some photos and hopefully they show just how small they are and they don't seem to be getting any bigger they have been the same size now for the last couple of weeks. The cockerels are beautiful little birds and in general the breed has been very docile. They are my granddaughters favorite due to their size and the fact that they enjoy sitting on laps and being carried around lol they are just soooo small!! I have taken some photos next to a waterer and my full size chicken to hopefully help with size my husband compares their size to that of a large Robin

Attachments

• Little birds2.jpg
    Little birds2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 2
  • lil birds.jpg
    lil birds.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Little roo.jpg
    Little roo.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 2
  • little birds3.jpg
    little birds3.jpg