what am I?

bucky1198

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
colorado
I posted this under the wrong category so I'm trying it again was told it was a mottied leghorn hen.
I think my girl is a boy and I'm not sure on the breed he/she is 18 weeks old and what is up with the comb it is flopped over to one side
97073_101_0167.jpg

97073_101_0166.jpg

97073_101_0165.jpg

Hen. She looks like an ancona, fits the breed description. Anconas have white earlobes and black spotting on their legs, just like your girl does. She also has that big floppy comb and the color is right too.

It's an Ancona pullet. Exchequer Leghorns have MUCH more white in them, and Mottled Leghorns have a lot of brown in them.

Very pretty lady!
thumbsup.gif

I'm having same issue with one that came in a flock off 18,16 hens , 2 roosters...but this lil unknown was amongst them and the clan, mostly the hens pluck its feathers and kinda beat up on it, I've removed it from rest....so the Question is I guess what am I....poor lil unknown....
[/URL]
welcome-byc.gif

Its hard to tell but I think you have an Easter Egger.

Leghorn hens often have floppy combs. She has white earlobes which is specific for the leghorn breed. Leghorns will also have long yellow legs and a tall slender posture/body type. Mottled leghorn? I'll buy that. Pretty girl too!

Back
Top Bottom