What am I?

Agreed131

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Reno, NV
Feed store freebie. Came from Privett hatchery. Appears to have a rose comb is currently just over 3 weeks old. Black Wyandotte?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6782048/width/200/height/400[/IMG
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6782049/width/200/height/400]

X2, Black Wyandotte is the only thing I see on their sales sheet that should be solid black with a rose comb, (unless they have odd black sex links), only other black breed with something besides a single comb is Sumatra with a pea comb, but don't think it looks like one of those.

X2, Black Wyandotte is the only thing I see on their sales sheet that should be solid black with a rose comb, (unless they have odd black sex links), only other black breed with something besides a single comb is Sumatra with a pea comb, but don't think it looks like one of those.

That was my thought. And he/she looks too chunky for a Sumatra.

Nice lil chick and the price was right for sure. I suspect it may be a mix. It is more difficult to tell breed when that small. Even more difficult when trying to figure out what the combo mix is. At 3 week old it looks to be a standard by the size. JMO. vs bantam.
smile.png

Not supposed to be a mix. Came in a lot of 500 "hatchery choice" from my feed store's order from Privett
I'm not supposed to be a mix ether. I took the 23 and me genealogy test. I have a little of everything in me from the whole world. I'm a Mutt. Chances of your chicken being PURE. Very slight. =D=D=D
gig.gif

I'm  not supposed to be a mix ether.  I took the 23 and me genealogy test.   I have a little of everything in me from the whole world.   I'm a Mutt.   Chances of your chicken being PURE.   Very slight. =D=D=D :gig

What makes you think it couldn't be a black wyandotte?

Not that I care what it really is since most of this batch will likely head to freezer camp... but what I'm more curious is the logic behind why you think it is a mix?

Back
Top Bottom