What are my chickens

mommaford09

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 3, 2014
I have some new babies that I am wondering what they are. I got the eggs from my neighbor and she does care to know the breeds of her chickens. All hatched from green and brown eggs. They are between 6-8 weeks. TIA

the one the left please. The one on the right is the same chicken from the first picture.

the one in the front please

How does the neighbor manage her flock(s) - they have the look of RSLs but unless she is carefully choosing her crosses they are more likely simply mixed breed birds...especially given that some are showing some pretty definite cockerel comb/wattle development with what should have been pullet patterning if they were truly RSL. Likely some NH Red or Production Red in the mix.

Last edited:
Would she be okay with you taking and posting photos of *her* flock - seeing the parent breeds would be more helpful in ID'ing them and the resulting offspring.

She pretty much has all of them thrown in together. And it is all just a mixture. And their is so many of them out free ranging I am not sure I could find them all. I was thinking they were production reds too. What about just genders? I am thinking girl, girl, boy, boy, boy

She has at least some bearded breeding going on there - bird in top photo, to right in second to last and background of last photo appears to be same bird(?) - and appears pullet. Bird to left on second to last photo also appears bearded and looks to be a cockerel.
Bird on shoulder in pic 2 appears pullet.
Picture 3 and bird in front on bottom - cockerels.

That's what I thought. Yes that one is the same girl in all of the pics. Maybe I should name her photo bomber. LOL

She has at least some bearded breeding going on there - bird in top photo, to right in second to last and background of last photo appears to be same bird(?) - and appears pullet. Bird to left on second to last photo also appears bearded and looks to be a cockerel.
Agreed.

x3

Back
Top Bottom