What are my new girls??

inwelynn

In the Brooder
Nov 3, 2016

They were given to me as Lavender Ameraucanas. I don't know my breeds very well, so what do you all think?

I'm not learned in all the color types so can't say what the red breasted birds color type is. The blue bird is Blue in color though and not Lavender.

Definitely not Lavender Ameraucanas... the right is blue, like the other poster said, and the left looks similar to a Silver... but looks like the blue is lacking in the muffs/beard part, so I suspect they may be Easter Eggers... gorgeous girls though! :)

Thank you! I did wonder about the lack of beard/ear muffs on the blue one! She has more fluff around her beak than my sexlinks,, but it's nothing compared to the other Easter Eggers! I wondered about their legs...my other six EEs have varying shades of greenish legs, and both of these girls are more on the slate gray to purplish side of the spectrum. I guess, being mutts, EEs probably turn up with all sorts of crazy colors and features, huh?? I can't wait to see what they lay in the spring!

Sorry it took so long! I didn't see your request for a photo, Junebuggena! Here she is, legs and all!

Back
Top Bottom