What are some funny things people "know" about hens?

There are only two breeds of chickens in the world
Rhode Island Reds and Dominickers (As the call them )
rant.gif

Don't try to tell them outerwise
barnie.gif

Quote:
There was an otherwise very well-educated person at my barn who was convinced that this was true. Any time I mentioned my chickens and someone else would chime in about how good fresh eggs are she would look at us in horror and say "But aren't you eating something's hatchling??" She would rather eat storebought eggs than fresh ones because at least those chickens were anonymous.
roll.png

Quote:
This. My neighbors said, "Your roosters are stupid-they crow during the day." Me, "No, he's not stupid, his watch is broken-he doesn't know what time it is(fool)."
roll.png

Don't eat blue or green eggs....those chickens have worms..............HUH??????
he.gif
smack.gif

Stupidity
ya.gif
........... Common sense
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I have a currently rooster.. Marbles about 7-8 months old, he isn't the nicest.. but he's not mean. Just really flinchy. And I'm solucky- HE DOESN'T EVEN CROW!
big_smile.png

We were doing this story about chickens in language- heres what someone said
"Chickens are really dumb and look funny"
xD I was about to say
"Yeah, well they loko better than you AND are smarter!" =P

The reason is that- Our chickens know their names, I've heard some do tricks etc.. plus they are BEA-UTI-FUL!

Quote:
I have a currently rooster.. Marbles about 7-8 months old, he isn't the nicest.. but he's not mean. Just really flinchy. And I'm solucky- HE DOESN'T EVEN CROW!
big_smile.png

xD I was about to say

The reason is that- Our chickens know their names, I've heard some do tricks etc.. plus they are BEA-UTI-FUL!

I hear that all the time! "Chickens are so stupid and cowardly". Not true! My pullets always come when called unless they are scratching in the back of the yard and have found a nice nest of bugs. And when a dog attacked the flock, Gamma jumped in front of him and ran away to lead him away from the others

Quote:
big_smile.png

xD I was about to say

I hear that all the time! "Chickens are so stupid and cowardly". Not true! My pullets always come when called unless they are scratching in the back of the yard and have found a nice nest of bugs. And when a dog attacked the flock, Gamma jumped in front of him and ran away to lead him away from the others

GO CHICKENS! Lol,

Back
Top Bottom