What are we?

siddalarue

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2015
Finally got a few decent pics of these little "ladies"... any ideas what they are?

Crow

Rainbow

Sunny

Fluffernutter (Cochin? What color is this called?)

Lightening (Delaware?)

Velvet (her legs have a darker tint to them)

Ronin (side view)

Hawk

Finally got a few decent pics of these little "ladies"... any ideas what they are? Crow Possibly an Australorp pullet. Rainbow Can't tell from the photo. Sunny White leghorn pullet? Fluffernutter (Cochin? What color is this called?) Probably Cochin. Not exactly sure. Lightening (Delaware?) Delaware pullet! Velvet (her legs have a darker tint to them) Don't know what breed. Looks like a pullet Ronin (side view) Gold laced Wyandotte. Don't sure of gender. Hawk Not sure.

Thanks! Our other GLW look very different than Ronin, a lot more gold with very light golden heads. Is it usual to have one so dark? And you can't see the legs well, but they have a darker tint compared to the others as well.

Ronin is probably just hatchery quality, which means they won't have all the characteristics of the breed. My GLW was mostly black at that age as well. The gold gets bigger as they do! He probably has some other breeds way down in his line. That would explain the black head. I'm 95% sure it's a GLW though, because he has a rose comb as well. Let's get some other opinions!

I'm wondering now if Rainbow is a GLW as well. Her comb is even wider than Ronin's. Mystery chicks are so exciting ;)

Flutternutter looks like a Light Brahma to me. Hatchery quality, obviously doesn't meet SOP, but very nice chickens nonetheless. (I have six that look JUST like this, basically.)

Finally got a few decent pics of these little "ladies"... any ideas what they are?

Crow

Australorp

Rainbow

Can't really tell.

Sunny

Leghorn?

Fluffernutter (Cochin? What color is this called?)

Light Brahma

Lightening (Delaware?)

Possibly.

Velvet (her legs have a darker tint to them)

Partridge rock

Ronin (side view)

Not sure, I can't tell it's comb.
Hawk

Some kind of red something. Rhode Island? New Hampshire?

Thank you all! Fluffernutter is so much smaller than my buff brahma, but I wasn't thinking about how different they all can be within a breed. I can't wait for them to start laying eggs!

Back
Top Bottom