What are you canning now?

SO whatcha plan to can in that monster for starters???
smile.png

Quote:
I don't know?! I am running a test on the seal here shortly, had to make dinner and clean first.

I think I will finish that batch of lavender jelly, and some lavender ice cream syrup
smile.png

When I feel good after a seal or 2, I will do chicken broth!!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I don't know?! I am running a test on the seal here shortly, had to make dinner and clean first.

I think I will finish that batch of lavender jelly, and some lavender ice cream syrup
smile.png

big_smile.png

Make sure that you put some vaseline on the metal first
wink.png

Quote:

smile.png

big_smile.png

wink.png

ooooh... I saw that somewhere! Cool, now I know they were for real. They suggested a pea size amount every 2-3 uses. Going to do that shortly, right now I had to mop the floor and its taking FOREVER to dry.

I must admit though, I keep walking into the kitchen and staring at the thing... its intimidating to say the least. I need to read more on the manual! Can't lie, I'm scared of the thing!!!
lol.png

Quote:
wink.png

ooooh... I saw that somewhere! Cool, now I know they were for real. They suggested a pea size amount every 2-3 uses. Going to do that shortly, right now I had to mop the floor and its taking FOREVER to dry.

I must admit though, I keep walking into the kitchen and staring at the thing... its intimidating to say the least. I need to read more on the manual! Can't lie, I'm scared of the thing!!!
lol.png

it is an intimidating wonderful piece of aluminum! It's scary at first for real! My only suggestion is that when you start to tighten your wing nuts, go 1 first ( a little bit) then go to the opposite side, checking that the distance between base and lid is the same, then go to the next wing nut, tighten a little bit, then go to the opposite, tighten a little bit, and so on. It gets much easier after the first couple of times
thumbsup.gif
If you see that the lid and base are not the same distance anywhere from your visual area, the seal is not a good one. It's much easier to unscrew those wingnuts and start over if it's not correct than to figure out what to do with all those jars of food when they don't seal
wink.png

Quote:
wink.png

lol.png

Did it come with a book? I can scan mine and send it to you if you need it.

Hoo-boo that is one hunky canner!!!
gig.gif
I am lovin it!
love.gif
It's a beauty! What a great gift your hubby gave you!! You be one lucky girl!!!
wee.gif
Do I need to tell you that I'm green with envy?

That is a beauty! I think it fits on your burner well enough. I have the glass top burners, and it isn't the best for canning. All of the pots have to have a perfectly flat bottom surface for consistent heating.

Look on YouTube for videos on how other people set it up and use it. watching someone actually do it really gave me confidence.

I hope all the sickness at your house is improving. Don't get sick yourself!

vfem What a great canner and deal to boot. I have a 23 quart Pesto pressure canner and I use our camp stove since my regular kitchen stove is a smooth top electric and when you fill with water and jars I would risk cracking the glass, not something I'm willing to chance. I use the pressure canner for water baths all the time since I can do 14 pints at a time. Have fun with your new toy and keep us posted on how things go.

Oh yeh! Happy Anniversary to you a bit early!! How many years? We are going on 20 this year.

Sandee

OK here is my new toy!! I was so excited when it came yesterday.
celebrate.gif
Also check out the new jars that I got for my jelly this year. I ended up getting them for $.68 a piece and its about the same price I pay for mason jars and lids. I'm seriously thinking about starting a jam/jelly company, if I can get through all the red tape that we have in California. Going to defrost some juice this weekend and try this baby out!!

Sandee

31219_p2100056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom