What are you drinking?

That is so funny! My inlaws was a rescue dog also! Sorta Lol!
He showed up one day in the middle of the winter covered in ice, his tail was a big ball of ice, and his legs. They live a mile up on a hill private driveway with hundreds of acres of woods around them. After he thawed out by the wood stove my mother in law called the number on his tag. Turned out he had came from a house up over the hill threw woods about three miles away on another road. The woman that answered said it was her dad's dog, he just recently died and the family was cleaning out the house to put it up for sale when the dog ran off. The woman asked my mother in law if she liked him and wanted him. She said that her dad's will specifically stated that the dog was to be put to sleep, and they really didn't want to do it but none of them could take the dog. When my mother in law said she would keep him the woman said he was a purebred registered Llewellin Setter and she would mail her the papers. When she was told this my motherinlaw laughed and told the woman that her fathers name was Llewellin and he had just died the year before! I had nor any of us had ever heard of Llewellin Setters before. He was I think around eight yrs. old and one of the nicest well behaved dogs I've ever saw, they had no problems with him, he made himself at home from day one. Being they live a mile from the road they never tie their dogs up, and he never ran off. My mother in law always said she thinks he knew.

Mmm good. Never had a real 'barley wine' before. Plenty of high gravity lagers. This one was aged in bourbon barrels, and it tastes it. Brewed by Cortland Beer Co. in upstate NY. Definitely a sipping beer.

My favorite winter drink... Cinnamon infused Canadian Whiskey and hot apple cider. I put 3 cinnamon sticks in a bottle of Wisers Canadian in the spring, let them sit there all year. Just a simple drink, hot cider and whiskey. No fancy foofy stuff. Sometimes the wife puts caramel liquor in hers.

Also like a belt of ice cold Pelinkovac (kind of a sweetened absinthe, region of origin Slovenia, now made in Ohio) or Aquavit from time to time to fight off the cold.

I'm no connoisseur of beers. Pretty much just drink Grain Belt Premium or Leinenkugels regular. Like to keep it local with any full bodied Lager or Pils style. I leave the micros to the beer snobs. Don't care for the taste of most of them. They seem to try to out do each other in bitterness, strange flavorings that don't belong in beer, or overcarmelization of the malt.

Found an interesting Wine lately. From Hungary, Blaufrankish. It's a semi-sweet red, goes very well with wild game, but still sweet enough for seafood. Good all purpose and reasonably priced wine.

I like to use crushed up rock candy on the rim of a wine glass filled with Moscato. It's a fun way to fancy up a girls night.

I like to use crushed up rock candy on the rim of a wine glass filled with Moscato. It's a fun way to fancy up a girls night.

You know what you just gave me a Idea!
I don't make many mix drinks, beer fan here, but I do like a sea salt rimmed margarita and I got bored of martini's and dirty martini's one time before the bottle was gone so I made a couple gin sours with a sugar rimmed glass.
Wouldn't pop rocks be a neat to rim a glass with! ? Hmm, I'm going to have to try it, now I have to figure out what would go good with it and how to get them to stick without wetting the glass, cause they would start popping....

Just googled it, already been done. I think I'll make something simple, cranberry ginger ale and vodka with a pop rock rimmed glass.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom