What are you paying for feed?

Wow, a few of you are getting cheap feed!

Here, it is:
$10.99 for 50 pounds of scratch
$15 for 50 pounds of either layer feed or flock raiser (which is only available once a year, when the chicks come in. They just make one order, and when it is gone, it is gone for the year!)
$12.99 for the CHEAP generic sweet feed for my goats
$3.19 for a 5 pound bag of chick starter at Walmart, the only chick starter available in town.
The current feed store price for alfalfa hay is $13.99 a bale. It's $8 a bale for sort of trashy hay if I can buy a ton of it at a time from a private dealer

Prices subject to wild fluctuation and may be different every time you are at the feed store. Feed stores here advertise their hay prices out front on billboards the way gas stations do their gas prices.

I just get a 40 pound bag of all purpose poultry for $9.99 plus tx....and I supply oyster shell to the girls.

Chicken starter is a bit more spendy for 40 pounds it is 11.99 I think.

Hay is real cheap here....I get really good alfalfa for $7.00 per bale so $140 per ton. Turkeys love this.

I get a real nice green grass hay for my arab filly for $6.50 per bale so $130 per ton. All hay is 100 pound plus bales.

19% protien Layer $10.62 from feed store (50lbs)

Medicated chick starter $11.89 (50lbs)

Pine shavings 3 cf $4.89

Hay $1.75 for good grassy hay with some legumes (approx 45 lbs) was paying up to $3.00 a bale for lighter bales until I found this new source (my secret supplier) Other parts of the state charge $4.00 and up.

Purina Start and Grow Crumble ~ 15.99 +tax for 50lbs
Purina Layena Crumble ~ 14.99 +tax for 50lbs
Purina Flockraiser Crumble ~ 14.99+tax for 50lbs

Back
Top Bottom